We are looking for a highly skilled Director of Product to help set our product strategy. Between our Feed and Chat products, Stream provides services for more than a billion end users. Amsterdam and Boulder candidates are preferred, but we will consider remote candidates in the EU or US with experience.
What you will be doing
As a Director of Product, your primary focus will be on leading your team of PMs and developing an in-depth understanding of Stream’s customer base. Why do they buy Stream, how does that impact their business and what gaps currently exist in our products. You have to enjoy talking to customers and figuring out their needs. Since our product is technical, a background in engineering is a major advantage.
- Clearly articulate the gaps in our product and how they impact different segments of customers
- Collaborate with engineering, sales, marketing and leadership to turn the customer understanding into a viable product roadmap
- Contribute to the overall vision for the company, including advising on company goals, business plan, priorities, and strategic outcomes
- Make complex decisions, influence effectively and authentically, communicate with excellence and empathy
- Ideate and define new products to add to the mix
- Develop budgets, forecasts, and other product metrics
- Define pricing models and structure
- Understand our overall market, analyze data, identify trends, and use data to drive your decisions
- Keep a close eye on our competitors, capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses, and develop competitive positioning for sales and marketing
- Remain knowledgeable about adjacent companies in our space
- Keep an eye out for partnerships that can elevate our capabilities and brand recognition
- Remain in contact with key customers, understand their current needs, and anticipate their future ones
- Balance feature requests against customer size and demand, including bugs
- Attend conferences (virtual for now), hold discussions with thought leaders and market analysts
- Create and run a customer advisory board
- 5+ years of product leadership experience in SaaS or IaaS running products, preferably with API driven products
- A background in engineering with an understanding of UI/UX best practices, scalability, etc.
- Strong track record of working at a developer-focused startup
- Stellar leadership skills, with a desire to help and mentor others on your team and in other departments. Must be able to effectively lead a global team and ensure everyone meets their commitments.
- Proven ability to research, define and execute product roadmaps at an enterprise level
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Great customer service skills
- The ability to work with sales, marketing, finance, and all other departments to ensure product success
- The ability to prioritize among many competing alternatives and plans, balance customer needs with business priorities, and articulate the rationale behind decisions
- Polished verbal and written communication skills
- 4-Year degree preferred
Experience in a similar role is highly preferred, especially within a technical realm; however, if you think you’re the right fit for Stream, we want to hear from you! Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements to apply.
What we have to offer you
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- 19+ days of paid time off plus 10 paid holidays
- Free health insurance for the employee and a discounted rate for dependents
- 401k contribution plan with 4% match
- 100% paid parental leave
- Company equity
- Dog-friendly office!
- Be part of a smart, high performing, passionate team
- A Macbook Pro and a work-from-home stipend
- Team lunches and plenty of snacks
- An office on Pearl Street in downtown Boulder
- 28 days paid time off plus paid Dutch holidays
- Company equity
- A pension scheme
- A generous Learning and Development budget
- Commute expenses to Amsterdam covered or option to use a company bike within the city
- Gym membership of choice covered and weekly pilates sessions in the office
- MacBook Pro or another development setup
- Healthy team lunches and plenty of snacks
- A generous relocation package
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam
- The opportunity to attend or present to global conferences and meetups
- The possibility to visit our office in Boulder, CO
Stream has a casual social culture, our team is diverse and we all have different backgrounds. We offer a place that is fun, collaborative and allows you to make a unique contribution.
Each of us can contribute a one-of-a-kind perspective to our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why Stream strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You get to work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment where everyone can thrive.
Salary (for Colorado only): Our salary ranges are based on national averages. We have wide ranges so we can be flexible and determine compensation based on a number of factors including the candidate’s skills, level of experience, and location (which can be in the US or a remote location that aligns with a US time zone).
For Colorado-based candidates, the salary range for this position is $120k-$200k. Compensation at all other locations will be based on the factors as stated above.
If you are interested in becoming a part of what we do, apply now!
Stream provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.