About the role
As we move into 2022, we have ambitious goals to be the leading integration with Students’ Unions across the UK (and beyond). Native’s mission is to help students have the best time at university by connecting them with amazing content on campus.
As Head of Product you will lead our long term product strategy to us to achieve our mission and define our roadmap that solves the evolving needs of our customers, and allows us to scale our technology as we aim for Series A in 2022.
You’ll lead our PM & UX team and dev team. You’ll help them level up their knowledge, skills and confidence so they continue to excel in their roles. You’ll guide, coach and support your team to execute efficiently on that strategy and you’ll gain huge amounts of satisfaction from seeing them develop and succeed. Detailed and data obsessed you’ll be happy working in a high ambiguity environment where you decide on the best process to implement or improve.
You’ll be the driving force behind the strategy to bring our dev team in-house, looking at the full E2E operation to make this happen. You’ll build out product squads to focus on areas of growth for the business, and have a great network to support fast scaling.
We would love to see a cover letter explaining more about why this job works for you, and what your experience can add to our team.
What you’ve done:
– Proven leadership experience within a Product Management role preferably in start/scale up tech companies
– A natural understanding of the importance of end user experience alongside business growth
– Have a strong understanding of product delivery, and proven experience of what does and doesn’t work
– Have strong and applied non-delivery product knowledge, to include but not limited to: user psychology, UX, research techniques, stats, risk management, A/B testing
– You have a natural ability to coach and develop your team – we want to build this team and provide great opportunities for those involved to learn & grow
– Growth mindset with high EQ and low ego, capable of motivating and energising teams to deliver ambitious goals
Nice to have experience with:
– SQL or other database management systems, and the importance of BI tools (we use Data Studio at the moment, integrated with Hubspot)
– Working with both outsourced and in-house tech solutions
What you’ll be doing:
– Being the strategic owner of Product for the business – you’ll report to the COS, but fully own the scope of building this function as we scale, and look for a CPO/TO longer term
– Review our current outsourced development function, and understand solutions to move in house in 2022
– Work with sales and marketing to coordinate technical partnership between the two teams and ensure we are laser focused on the importance of the commerciality of our product
– We don’t use OKRs yet, but are considering moving to them next year and need someone confident with business goal strategies
– You’ll own the long term goal setting for Product, and coach your PM’s to set their own team goals
– You’ll be joining something new and exciting, with great consistent growth and moving towards a well funded Series A in early 2022
– Build relationships with senior leaders across the company and collaborate with them to accomplish complex projects and help navigate change
Don’t worry about ticking all these boxes. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you and you think it could work, let’s chat.
Perm, full time
Reporting to: COS, CTO/PO in future
We are London based, but mostly work remotely across the UK with one day a week in our shared office in Holborn but will support what works for you.
We are currently only accepting UK applications.
The salary band for this role is £80-95k