Libsyn is hiring several positions. Libsyn is one of the oldest and largest podcast host and distribution companies in the world, and are positioned for growth over the next several years as we add creation, promotion, advertising, and monetizing solutions to our portfolio. Our users are some of the most fun users ever (podcasters!) and we have a very engaged, collaborative, and friendly team. Join us!
Job Title: User Experience (UX) Designer
Reports to: Lead Product Manager
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA or Remote
Liberated Syndication (libsyn) pioneered the system to host and publish podcasts in 2004 and is the largest leading podcast network. Libsyn serves media files for over 12 million requests for shows per day, reaching over 61 million people per month.
Liberated Syndication (Libsyn) pioneered the system to host and publish podcasts in 2004. Today, we are one of the industry’s largest podcast and advertising networks with over 75,000 customers serving 6 billion downloads a year. We build products that are easy to use, so our customers can focus on creating great content. We provide a working environment that is challenging, exciting, collaborative and most importantly, fun.
We love problem solvers, geeks, artists, dreamers, doers, visionaries, fixers, and facilitators. With the industry undergoing explosive growth, podcast advertising is expected to exceed $2 billion in 2023. Why not be part of that growth and apply to become part of the Libsyn Team? Your unique skill set might be exactly what we are looking for…and did we mention that our benefits are GREAT!?
● Maintain a deep understanding of the strategic & technical objectives of the company, our core IP, and how to improve upon this to make a material impact when our customers interact with the Libsyn platform and their day to day workflows
● Translate ideas into user flows and low/high fidelity wireframes
● Work with the product managers and engineers to design required functionality and drive it through to implementation
● Implement, iterate, and polish final on-screen experiences and usability
● Efficiently conduct user research to uncover usability issues or validate designs
● Contribute strategic, data-driven decisions with the rest of the tech and commercial teams
● Stay abreast of UX trends and source creative ideas and inspiration from parallel analogous worlds
● Develop Design Language and Style Guides that will drive a consistently positive UX
Required Skills and Abilities:
● Data-passionate: You geek out on the power of data, analytics and technology to transform experiences. You look at analytics not for finding and calculating a number, but what it really means and driving actionable decisions & storytelling behind it.
● Understanding of the Customer: you should be a master at understanding various customer personas, the workflows of our users, and be able to translate these needs into well thought out designs and experiences.
● Requirements Scoping: You can take complex topics and distill them down to their core value propositions, workflows, and moving parts to explain how they work or should work.
● Modern Interaction Design Tools: Experience with visual and interaction design tools (Figma, etc.) required.
● You obsess over UX, good design, and ability to use products across desktop, tablet, and mobile.
● Understanding of branding as it relates to a unified user experience across a platform with diverse product experiences.
● Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences.
● Ability to prioritize tasks and function in a high-paced, collaborative environment.
● Can learn quickly and work independently or as part of a team.
● Places high value on the diverse strengths, backgrounds and talents others bring to the workforce and brings their own creativity, imagination and a sense of humor.
Required Education and Experience:
● Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, UX/UI Design or a related field
● 3+ years of hands-on experience as an interaction designer
● Experience with Lean/Agile and Design Driven development methodologies
● Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
● Long-Term Disability Coverage
● 401(k) Saving Plan
● Paid Vacations and Holidays
● Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
● Educational Opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment are, and will be, recruited, selected and hired, and employment decisions are and will be made, without discrimination on the bases of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability. This policy applies to new employees, promotions and all personnel actions within the organization.
The Company prides itself on the contribution it makes to the community. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all federal, state and local laws relating to equal employment opportunity.