Secret Escapes is the UK’s biggest members‐only website that runs best‐in‐market flash sales of four and five star hotels and holidays worldwide. We offer our members exclusive rates of up to 70% off.
Launched in February 2011 and founded by Alex Saint, Troy Collins and Tom Valentine, the company works with its leading hotel, tour operator and travel agent partners to negotiate outstanding rates for over ten million members globally. Outside of the UK, Secret Escapes operates in several European countries and the USA. In 2016 the company will be expanding into Asia.
We’re looking for grafters and self-starters to join the gang, who can keep up with the pace and want to make a difference. We still work in relatively small teams, so there’s no room for coasting along. We’re friendly, happy, and most importantly, we work hard. We’re not afraid to get our hands dirty and we’re all madly passionate about our brand. We also have fun parties and don’t have to wear uncomfortable suits to work.
Our company vision is to inspire the World to escape…. hopefully this Job description will help you to escape so you can help the World to.
Things you’ll be working on
At Secret Escapes, we have an appreciation of design in everything we do. We believe that good design is not just how a product looks but how it works. We’re looking for a designer who can move quickly, but also takes the time to create broad, innovative ideas. You’ll work among developers and product managers, contributing to product direction with data driven user-centric solutions and crafting pixel-perfect output.
How the magic happens
The technology team is a mix of web developers, mobile developers and designers working closely together across 4 locations; London, Berlin, Poznan (Poland), Skopje (Macedonia). The combination of Skype, Slack, Google Hangouts and TeamViewer means that location is never really a problem.
- You create elegant and compelling designs, over and over and have nuanced views on how you can make every design better
- You thrive when helping to define the design requirements, not just translating the design, you accumulate ideas from your team to find the best solutions
- Creating rapid prototypes and tweaking designs for usability , A/B and MVT testing, revealing flaws early and finding the most important issues to focus your efforts
- Partner with PMs, engineers and stakeholders to oversee the user experience from conception to launch
- Implement concepts using your HTML and CSS skills, and be ready to make our products better for our users
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
And you are
- Excellent communication skills
- Experienced with front-end development
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- Must have URL featuring examples of interaction design work
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end UX and UI design
- 3+ years of industry professional experience (working with e-commerce sites is a big plus)
What we offer
- Competitive salary commensurate with your skills and experience
- A range of benefits and flexible working options
- Opportunity to work in one of London’s fastest growing technology companies