We exist to rewrite the rules of insurance so it’s something people stand with, not against.
Our story began in 2017 when we set out to transform bicycle insurance by connecting passionate cyclists all over the UK to form a collective and protect their bikes. A better model for insurance was born.
Fast forward to today and we’ve:
- Been awarded Best Cycle Insurance Provider (for 3 years in a row)
- Expanded to commercial business and quickly become leaders in last-mile insurance
- Launched into new territories and now rolling-out across Europe
- Captured the enthusiast cyclist market and expanded across all cycling segments
- Opened offices in London, Bristol, Amsterdam and have enabled remote working
Help us change an outdated industry…
We’re growing real fast on our path to make the Laka collective model the industry standard and we’re expanding across segments, products, and territories. We’re looking for innovative, bold and brave minds to help us build the world’s best insurance company.
About the role
Day-to-day you’ll be working on our commercial digital insurance experience from discovery to delivery. You will tightly collaborate with engineering, design, sales and marketing, growth, insurance and the wider product team to focus on what’s most important and continuously improve our commercial partners’ and riders’ experience. With a deep understanding of Laka’s ethos, customers, products and brand your strategies will help make our collective vision a reality through detailed requirements, prototypes and product testing.
Alongside yourself, is another Product Manager focussing on retail customers. Insurance experience is not a requirement, as we have a dedicated insurance team to support your efforts.
As a Product Manager – Commercial / B2B you’ll:
- Be responsible for delivering on our vision and strategy for commercial customers (think anyone using bikes and LEVs to earn money, e.g. last mile delivery) and support the Product Director in shaping Laka’s roadmap for commercial customers
- Manage the delivery and scale up of a new to market product as it develops into a fully fledged commercial proposition that will pave the way for Laka’s success in commercial insurance
- Learn from our existing and prospective customers through qualitative and quantitative research to build features and launch new products that exceed customer expectations
- Work directly with the design and engineering teams to turn your insight into reality – from creating feature briefs to signing off on new releases
You’ll be successful by:
- Bringing 3-5 years of experience in product management, ideally at a B2B business experienced in technical integrations with customers.
- Running a structured and effective B2B product discovery process by leveraging quantitative and qualitative data.
- Creating clear and concise requirements for design and engineering to bring the next generation of commercial features into reality (and sometimes remove some).
- Being an incredible stakeholder manager and communicator across the organisation to enable effective product processes.
- Leveraging your product work to directly impact and move the needle on company OKRs.
- Having a strong empathy for commercial riders, on bikes, cargo bikes and other forms of transport (we can bring you up to speed with the latest tech).
Location: we’re happy for this role to be based anywhere in the UK, with the potential for occasional travel to our London or Bristol offices.
And just so you know, Insurance experience isn’t required (for most roles). We’ll teach you anything you need to know and upskill you if needed. But… before you apply, please make sure that you have permission to work in the UK as we’re unable to provide visa sponsorship for any of our current roles.
At Laka, we’re passionate about building a culture that cares for our people as much as we care for our customers. Our benefits package currently includes:
- A remote-first, flexible working environment, built on trust and autonomy
- Share options – we wants everyone to have a stake in our success
- Annual bonus scheme of up to 10% of your salary
- 25 days annual leave, with the option to take more if you need it
- £200 contribution to your home working set up
- £500 annual personal development allowance
- Retail discounts programme, provided through CharlieHR Perks at Work
- £10 per month Laka credit – for all you bike enthusiasts
- Wellbeing and mental health support, via Spill
- Access to co-working office spaces, with fun social events, including paid-for weekly team lunches & offsites
To find out more about what it’s like to work at Laka, visit our careers page here.
Our customer collective is broad and inclusive, and we’d like our own people to be too. We continuously strive to build a diverse team from all backgrounds as we believe that varied experiences and perspectives makes the Laka collective even stronger. If you’d like to request a reasonable adjustment as part of our application or assessment process, please let us know by emailing email@example.com