Are you looking for a new challenge? Does building out a Brand New Vacation Rental product line excite you? We are looking for an experienced, results-oriented, data-driven and enthusiastic Senior Technical Program Manager to lead the Vacation Rental Shopping experience team at Expedia.
- Results and data driven.
- You will take ownership in driving product and new feature development through every stage of the agile software development lifecycle; and work with team and company resources to refine team SDLC.
- Collaborate with technical partners, development, test teams, and internal technical teams to design technical solutions and provide detailed specifications that satisfy scalability, reliability, and performance goals.
- You will drive innovative designs and technical solutions that provide scalable and reliable solutions.
- Perform project management activities, which include active mitigation of any risks to the project scope and schedule, and provide status updates.
- Lead the team roadmap and team prioritization activities. Effectively handle trade-offs between cost, schedule and customer benefit; and provide technical direction and guidance.
- Lead discussion and documentation of lessons learned and drive continuous improvement into all project processes.
- Eliminate roadblocks for the team and anticipate issues based on previous learning and identify solution.
- Identify and actively solve problems.
- Ability to make decisions based on data.
- 5-7+ years’ experience working in multi-functional teams comprised of Program Managers, Product Managers, Developers, and business owners.
- Prior experience as a developer, business or process analyst.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to drive innovation independently.
- Passion to make things better at every opportunity.
- Ability to credibly coordinate between technical teams and business stakeholders.
- Ideal candidate will have several years of large scale e-commerce experience and an exposure to Service Oriented Architectures.
- Solid understanding of technical platforms, and internal and 3rd party API interfaces.
- Excellent verbal, communication, relationship and engagement skills.
- Strong presentation and persuasion skills.
- Strong knowledge of software development processes.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated analysis and innovative problem solving skills.
- Experience working with various development methodologies, e.g. Agile and SCRUM, and process workflow across organizations.
- High degree of competency in all phases of project management, including issue and risk identification and management; change management; tracking dependencies and achievements; and communicating overall project status.