At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Launched in August 2013, our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool that is used by more than 10 million users across 179 different countries who have created more than 200 million designs (that’s eight designs created in its apps every second).
In 4 years our product has gone from a simple drag-and-drop design tool, to an end-to-end product allowing people to create and share almost anything they want. We’ve launched numerous products and platforms including a marketplace, Canva for work, Canva for print and an ipad and ios application (soon to launch android) … and we have so much more we want to achieve. We’re only just getting started!
Working alongside Canva’s founders, design, growth and engineering teams, you’ll continue to launch new groundbreaking products and features to market, and optimise existing products to provide an incredible experience to Canva’s community.
- Utilising customer feedback, data analysis, market research and the experience of other teams internally to develop a strategic product roadmap and provide revolutionary product features and recommendations
- Run experiments to learn to develop and evangelize a strong point of view on how to improve Canva’s user journey (AARRR metrics)
- Establish and communicate a shared vision and strategy between stakeholders, your team, the wider business, and Canva users
- Drive the build out of features for specific use-cases and user groups – from individuals through to Fortune 500 companies
Define and analyse key metrics to determine the success of product improvements
- Be responsible for executing product strategy, road-mapping, and prioritisation as the product grows and expands into multiple tiers of service
- Lead and optimise marketing, growth and go-to-market efforts – including overseeing the website, marketing collateral, weekly email campaigns, user behaviour analysis
- Manage projects and work cross-functionally with UI / UX specialist, designers, software engineering, growth and marketing, and the founders to ensure we’re delivering an exceptional experience to our users
- Lead and mentor other teams members. We’re growing rapidly and are looking for people with the ability to lead and hire other product managers who can grow their own teams
- A demonstrated 4+ years of experience in a product management role; preferably for a SaaS product or related online software product with experience across the full product development lifecycle from inception -> development -> release – > growth… and beyond!
- Real passion for data: deep understanding of data, analytics, metrics and statistics. You’ll care about the data and performance of your team’s products. You should be comfortable using a range of inputs and arriving at pragmatic solutions to problems. Your suggestions on prioritisation should have a clear rationale
- You have a solid foundation in analytics tools and SQL that aids you in building rational arguments
- You can demonstrate your ability to be commercial – understanding the importance of growth, activation, and retention with respect to the platform and how that translates into more revenue
- Experience motivating cross-functional teams across software engineering, UX design, UI and growth with fundamental understanding of how things work within those domains
- While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Fitness membership allowance, plus free Yoga and Boxing Gym membership
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly offices including a garden, climbing wall, unisex toilets
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided for interstate or overseas candidates and visa application fees covered
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been the ranked #1 Australian Workplace in Technology by JobAdvisor for the second year in a row.
We ensure that the Canva workspace is setup for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so, with breakout areas, little nooks, quiet places to retreat and do your best work! We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team – check out what’s cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvavibe/
If you’re a passionate Product Manager seeking a truly challenging opportunity with one of the world’s premier technology companies – then apply now!