Interested in design and have experience in cloud technology? My team at Microsoft owns the user experiences for Azure Kubernetes, Containers, Storage, virtual machines, virtual machine scale sets, and more. I enjoy coming to work every morning, and we are hiring! Here’s one of our job postings — please reach out if you’re interested in learning more! (Job can be in Seattle, Atlanta, or remote). Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
This is a PM role focused on user experience and designing/building user interfaces. Experience in this area is required to be successful. Because these are significant areas of growth and investment for Azure, this role provides an opportunity to contribute to Azure revenue, retention and Net Promoter Score (NPS).
An ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Customer obsession: always starts with customer scenarios in mind, seeks to understand customer pain points and build end-to-end experiences that offer a compelling value-proposition and can differentiate us from the competition.
- Planning and Execution: An ability to think holistically and strategically. An understanding of engineering rhythm used to help the team operate at a high level with knowledge shared appropriately and decisions made at the right level. A proven ability to plan, organize, and manage complex technical products.
- Communication: An ability to conduct insightful, multi-faceted conversations with technical decision makers inside Microsoft. An ability to conceptualize complex ideas quickly and convey them to others in a clear, effective, and motivating manner.
- Collaboration: Expert collaborations skills with an ability to work effectively across broad teams and to influence stakeholders at all levels company wide.
- Run user studies and test hypotheses broadly with Azure IaaS customers to determine what needs and pain points need to be addressed, to inform the UX design and product direction.
- Drive requirements to the Azure backend teams who own the APIs so that we can build the best end-to-end experience in the Azure Portal for Microsoft Arc enabled Kubernetes.
- Define Portal user experiences and work across multiple disciplines (software development, partner back-end teams, design, research, support, documentation) and together with PMs owning other services to deliver a great end experience in Azure.
- Ensure user experiences meet the team’s KPIs and delight our customers.
- 7+ years of technical program management experience in a product team shipping software or services, focusing on front-end user experience.
- Previous technical expertise in product development, cloud management, or on-premises IT environments.