🤓We are looking for an expert in the Product Design field, in order to help us go to the next level! As our Head of Design, you will be solving design challenges like inventing the camera of the entrepreneurs with an entire team passionate about user feedback.
💰Competitive Compensation* + Stock-Options/BSPCE
🇪🇺 We are flexible: you can work from anywhere in Europe and come once a month in Paris (fully reimbursed), or come to the office more often.
✈️ We offer substantial support for relocation (10k€ signing bonus), including finding an apartment in Paris and supporting you with the visa procedure.
🇬🇧 PhotoRoom is an international team and we work in English. We offer language lessons for those who need it (English & French).
* We will adapt to the cost of living if it is higher than Paris.
✨ About us ✨
PhotoRoom provides photo editing software powerful enough to create outstanding images yet simple enough to be used without any training. We leverage deep learning to translate pixels into objects, drastically simplifying non-creative tasks such as removing backgrounds from images.
Our mission: enable entrepreneurs and small businesses to compose images that stand out.
Founded by Matthieu Rouif (10 years of experience in mobile apps, built apps used by 100+ million users) and Eliot Andres (4 years of experience in large-scale computer vision), PhotoRoom was selected by Y Combinator in 2020. Talented engineers, designers and marketers have joined the team since then, coming from Apple, Algolia or Google among others.
Today, PhotoRoom is profitable and is used by more than 6millions of users every month. We improve our product and our technology with the support of world-class experts in the field like Yann LeCun, Roxanne Varza or Holger Seim. PhotoRoom was featured by Apple, named Editor’s Choice and won the Best App of 2021 title on Android.
As a small tight-knit team, our priorities are impact and iteration speed. We ship new versions every week and talk to our users daily. There is nothing we enjoy more than working side-by-side with another team member to improve our users’ experience.
Become one of the first hires in a fast-growing start-up and make your mark on a product used by millions of people. Apply at PhotoRoom today ⬇
✨ Your core mission ✨
You’re the first full-time designer and lead PhotoRoom product design on all platforms. You will work closely with the co-founders and a team of senior and extremely talented engineers. You will:
– Lead conception, exploration, and accelerate development by prototyping ideas. This will directly impact PhotoRoom users.
– Measure the success of features and products in collaboration with the growth team, founders and engineers.
– Build PhotoRoom information infrastructure and brand
– Develop PhotoRoom helpful, friendly, human, and straightforward identity in the product.
– Set guidelines for PhotoRoom templates and contribute to them
At PhotoRoom, you will solve many original design challenges with the help of the team:
– Strengthen a customer-first culture for the team
– Guide users to a successful object cutout every single time.
– Suggest the best template to every user
– Make advanced editing accessible to a billion users
– Invent the camera of the entrepreneurs
✨ About you ✨
Strong Communication — you are able to explain the ‘why’ behind your ideas and collaborate persuasively with others.
Curiosity — you’re curious about our user’s problems and about the technical constraints of machine learning
Delight — you know how to make an experience delightful, shareable and memorable.
Visual Interface — you can create visually elegant and accessible mobile application designs & flows.
Prototyping Skills — tool agnostic, you can bring your work to life or make it interactive — Framer, Protopie, etc.
Team Building Skills – you have a mentor’s attitude and you focus on training and growing the team, sharing knowledge & expertise, and nurturing a lead-by-example environment.
We are committed to enabling everyone to feel included and valued at the workplace. We believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
– We have flexible working hours
– We trust people to work remotely
– We extended the length of the parental leave
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, family, gender identity, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
✨ 3-steps simple process ✨
1. Screening call with Founder + Talent Manager
2. Home technical assignment, reviewed with the team (can be compensated and under 2h)
3. Culture fit interview and meet the team!