We’ve spotted a problem in the electric vehicle world.
The user experience for electric car charge point installation and energy tariffs is broken.
We need your help to fix it.
Location: London (flexible: 2 to 5 days/wk in the office)
Salary: £35,000 – £45,000 + £11,400 in share options on joining
Rightcharge is a rapidly growing, early-stage startup. If you dream about customer experience and jobs to be done, you could be our Product Designer.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to work in a high-velocity, high-impact environment with a fun and friendly work culture.
👋 The company
Rightcharge is on a mission to speed up the transition to low-carbon living. We build beautifully simple tech that makes it cleaner, cheaper and easier to go green. Our aim is to eliminate 7.5m tonnes of CO2 by 2030 (the same as planting 124 million trees).
We have two products. Both have helped almost 10,000 drivers compare home charge points and connect with our network of installation companies or save over £500 per year by switching to specialist home energy tariffs.
As a result, it took us just two years to become the recommended partner for charge points and tariffs for some of the biggest car dealerships and leasing companies in the UK.
Revenue-generating since launch, we’re now about to take significant investment from people like James Hind, the Founder & CEO of carwow.
⚡ The role
Right now, the charge point installation and energy tariff switching process for electric car drivers is severely broken. With your help, we can fix it.
As our Lead Product Designer, you’ll own the end-to-end UX & UI design and research process. You’ll build and maintain a beautiful platform to facilitate smooth interaction between drivers and charge point installers. This will include charge point comparison, installer selection, quote, payment and installation.
- You will own the design process of the web-based platform from concept to delivery. The upfront UX and research process will take up most of your time, so you can choose to work on the final pixel-perfect UI design too or we can bring in freelance to support you and allow you to focus on our user needs
- Problem solve, think big, and explore divergent concepts/ideas while understanding how to converge and build iteratively towards your vision
- Influence the shape of the product with research and data
- Execute design work using high-quality wireframes, mockups, user journeys, and interactive prototypes
- Work in the way that works for you and what you’re designing, whether that’s spending time sketching or jumping straight into pixels and working with devs
- Advocate for design by sharing your work and presenting to the CEO & cross-functionally, with an ability to precisely articulate design rationale by story-telling
- Inspire the rest of the business and our partners by bringing new ideas to the table and running workshops to ensure they understand our users
- Collaborate with your technical, commercial, and operational team members to create a unified, end-to-end experience
👀 What you’ll bring
- Passion for user experience and problem solving that can be demonstrated in your portfolio
- Excellence, you consider yourself in the top 10% of designers that you’ve met and you’re always striving to improve, learn and innovate
- Platform experience, you have experience leading the design and UX of multiple products, specifically for consumer-facing responsive web
- Entrepreneurial attitude, you’ll thrive in a small team, wearing a few hats, bearing a lot of responsibility and moving fast
- T-shaped skills, you’re familiar with the end-to-end design process and are happy to be involved in all aspects, including accessibility, running workshops, user research, interaction design (UX), visual design (UI) and prototyping
- Innovative, you’re always researching the latest trends and ensuring your designs are 1-step ahead of the competition
- Product Person, you live and breathe product design and are always using different websites and apps to explore designs and you’re able to bring new user requirements to the product manager
⭐️ What we are offering
- A very competitive salary
- Share options (we want the team to have ownership in the business)
- 26 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Office environment at WeWork Waterloo (you’ll get an All Access WeWork pass)
- Unlimited potential to grow (you’ll be design hire #1. If you’re the right person, you’ll turn the role into something we haven’t even imagined yet)
- Vibrant and inclusive company culture – including our
- Rightcharge Round-Up every Friday to catch up and have a (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) drink
👫 The team
- We’re currently a team of three (Founder, Commercial Manager & Product Manager)
- A Lead Engineer will be joining at the same time as this role
The team will then continue to grow… (and you’ll be one of the originals)