Senior User Experience Designer- Kraków Development Centre, Poland
Are you a creative Senior UX Designer with a strong sense of aesthetics and the desire to help shape an industry?
Do you specialize in designing intuitive user interfaces? Guidewire is looking for someone like you to join a team working on Web-based applications that drive the business processes of major insurance companies throughout the world. We’re looking for a customer-obsessed and enthusiastic user experience designer to support a suite of successful enterprise applications.
As a Senior UX Designer at Guidewire, you will own the user interfaces of applications built to satisfy the operational needs of the Property & Casualty insurance industry. We’re looking for someone who can translate our vision into concepts and then turn those into designs that serve to simplify the complexity of our applications. You will work on all user-facing elements of the application, including controls, navigation, icons, and more. You will provide design alternatives, wireframes, user flows, mockups, and design specifications.
The right person will have an extensive online professional portfolio including Web sites, browser-based applications, and UX samples. If you think you are a fit, submit your resume and portfolio link today and knock our socks off.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will:
- Generate multiple design concepts and work with the team to incorporate disparate views into a cohesive, awesome whole.
- Take ownership of UI components and ensure consistency and ease of the user experience.
- Collaborate with development, product management, documentation/training, and other UX designers.
- This role will require the candidate to be able to work flexible working hours, often into the early evening, to collaborate with teammates in Dublin and California.
- Work across multiple products built on multiple platforms.
We care most about your artistic and technical talent, as well as your critical thinking skills. In addition, prior experience with a majority of the following is desired.
- Expert using the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of Sketch
- Experience with Axure and Balsamiq.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A proven track record of delivering design elements for enterprise web applications (not just consumer web sites).
- The ability to multi-task across multiple projects, managing your own time, deadlines, team interactions, and deliverables.
- Experience with HTML and CSS, although UI coding is not explicitly part of this job.
- Experience with Agile development.
- Experience in conducting user research (usability testing and field studies).
- A thorough knowledge of competitive and cutting-edge UIs on the web today, to assure that our products have an up-to-date style and use best practices.
We have a team of developers to back your work. You get to paint on our canvas. Contact us today if this looks like an exciting opportunity.
Guidewire Software is a leading provider of flexible, enterprise software products focused on servicing the USD$1.5 trillion property and casualty (general) insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as Allianz, PZU, Zurich, and DirectLine to efficiently run their high volume, complex and mission-critical insurance operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing. Guidewire is headquartered in Foster City, California, with offices in the US as well as Dublin, London, Munich, Paris, Kraków, Sydney, Tokyo, Beijing, Toronto, and other worldwide locations.
Insurance is the most complicated and under-served software market in the financial services space. The applications we build are large and extraordinarily complex, and support the needs of customers across the diverse global property and casualty insurance market.
If working in a fast-moving, low-bureaucracy environment sounds good to you; if you’d like to work with a team of great engineers, and you would enjoy being part of a financially strong and growing company, then please contact us. If you’d like to learn more about our unusual work environment, please visit http://careers.guidewire.com.