At Sky Betting & Gaming we don’t have Teams we have Tribes. Each Tribe is made up of small, agile and autonomous squads who work collaboratively with a shared purpose.
So whether you join our Bet Tribe, Early Careers Tribe or anything in between, you will work with a group of people with raw energy, natural talent, and the kind of spirit that helps us think big, act bold, and change the game.
It all means that we’ve created the kind of workplace that wins awards such as a place on the prestigious list of Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For.
What do we expect from you?
Due to the ongoing expansion, we need an additional Product Manager to join our Bet-Trading Tribe. You will have good analysis skills and experience of working closely with software engineers in an Agile environment.
We are an energetic, growing business with big ambitions for the future, which you will play a key part in delivering.
We’re looking for someone who is able to decide which initiatives provide the greatest ROI, while keeping an eye on the bigger picture in order to align with wider Sky Betting & Gaming strategy.
No previous experience in sports betting? No problem – we have many experts to learn from. The main thing is that you’re a well-rounded Product Manager; a good communicator who is keen to both learn and share. Salary and benefits packages reflect the high standard in our product teams, with excellent training and development opportunities for all.
How you’ll do it
Reporting to the Lead Product Manager, you will:
- Manage the product roadmap, working with internal stakeholders, including Senior Management, across Technology, Marketing, Research, Commercial and Trading to ensure we maximise the return on our technology investment; aligning your squad(s) roadmap with other Squads and Tribes
- Define clear and unambiguous functional and non-functional business requirements, business processes and/or customer journeys, and communicate these as appropriate with engineers, architects and other stakeholders (e.g. through use of wireframes, conversation, user stories, etc.)
- Define and communicate the priority for delivery, sharing the reasoning behind your decisions with appropriate stakeholders
- Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues in Operational and Technology functions
- Use commercial, insight and research functions to identify the features with the most customer and business value within your remit to identify and define opportunities and prioritise the backlog
- Work with and lead your squad to set the vision and roadmap, aligning everyone behind a common goal, to motivate and energise behind that vision; building a shared understanding of the product with the team
- Maintain an appropriate level of understanding of relevant systems and business processes
- Review, measure and assess delivered solutions in order to ensure fitness for purpose
How we work
- Our Product Managers work closely with colleagues in all positions, so a good level of interpersonal skill is important to us. Collaboration is key.
- A lean agile approach to discover and delivery. We experiment and test frequently before choosing when to commit to more significant investment. This should be something you’re passionate about too
- We value previous experience in a digital or e-commerce environment
- Our ‘10% time’ policy means Friday afternoons are your time to remain at the top of your game
We will consider remote working (with at least 50% of time being in the base office), part-time working and flexible hours to accommodate your personal circumstances, providing we can meet our business needs.
We also offer an attractive relocation package for candidates that live outside the Yorkshire region, including those outside the UK.
Based in Yorkshire, we have grown to become one of the UK’s leading online betting and gaming companies. A business driven by bleeding edge technology, that brings the excitement of sports betting, casino games, poker and bingo to over 200,000 customers a day & growing!
It’s a workplace like no other, with a mission to make Betting & Gaming better.
And we want you to be part of it.
Our People Ambition is to attract & develop diverse & talented people to meet the current and future growth needs of SB&G. Together, our aim is to create the Best Digital Business to work at.