Product Manager (f/d/*/m) within an “Empowered Team” around our Learning Experience
We’re looking for a capable team player joining our 10+ nationalities, 6+ countries product team as a Product Manager for the “Learning Experience”. As we are comprised of a very international team, we are open to using a remote-first setup. We offer flexible working hours as long as they overlap with 10 AM – 3 PM Berlin time. We’d only need you to meet up with us in Berlin or Cologne 4x per year, post Covid of course. Yet, we’d appreciate it if you relocated to Berlin.
Our product team at Cornelsen eCademy & inside GmbH is building a set of web apps supporting vocational training and continuous education. Our goal is to provide our learners with the means to acquire their profession’s knowledge and to accompany them on their journey of lifelong learning. We are striving to create a learning experience that is engaging, motivating and didactically of the highest standard so that our learners can achieve their learning as well as work-related outcomes. We are proud to serve huge blue-chip customers like BMW, Continental, Deutsche Bahn, and SMEs.
How we tackle product
We empower our product teams to work agile and independently to solve challenging problems: customer problems and business problems in ways that our customers love yet work for our business. Our product teams are cross-functional and durable, generally comprised of product management, engineering, design, data and content functions. We staff our product teams with the skills necessary to develop effective solutions that are valuable, viable, usable and feasible.
What you will be doing
- you will find out what motivates, drives and engages our learners to study and achieve their learning and work-related outcomes
- you are a champion for and passionate about life-long learning and can discover solutions that support our learners on their learning paths
- you will work in close collaboration with UX, engineers, our customers directly as well as our support-, success-, marketing-, and sales-functions to discover and deliver solutions that are both valuable and viable to our learners
- you can easily draw on the strengths of your team, creating an environment of collaboration, trust and respect
the solutions you discover will be informed by data, research and market analysis
- you will also contribute to your team a solid knowledge of the business constraints from e.g. content, marketing, sales, finance, legal and privacy
- you understand eCademy’s strategic and competitive positioning and deliver products that are aligned with our vision and mission
What you will bring
- you are fluent in English and have good communication skills in general
- as other team members in the company and most of our customers are German speaking, we require a spoken level at C1 to ensure smooth interaction and product discoveries
- demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery
- at least 2 years working on technology-powered products as either a product manager, product designer, engineer, data analyst or data scientist
- demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business – engineering, design, finance, sales, or marketing
- demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, and data-informed way
- proven ability to engage with fellow product people like engineers, designers, content- and data-teams in a constructive and collaborative relationship
- interest in (digital) learning and innovative didactics
willingness to learn how AI can contribute and enrich learner’s individual experiences today and in the future
We know that innovation thrives on product teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people from all educational backgrounds and cultures and with both traditional and/or non-traditional life and work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our product team.
What you can do next
If the above (plus free choice of OS and hardware, within reasonable limits) sounds good to you, please send your CV via the form below. Please do not include photos or information about your age. We promise a personal, friendly, no surprises process. We aim for quick feedback and transparency, minimizing waste in time and/or effort.
Looking forward to meeting you!
The Product Team