For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Roles for The Beehive are all onsite in Denver. The Beehive is an Early Childhood Education Center for children of Guild Education Denver employees, located adjacent to our Denver offices.
Guild is hiring a Senior Product Manager, Business Intelligence Infrastructure within its Data Warehouse Access and Infrastructure Pillar. As a Senior Product Manager at Guild, you will help to ensure achievement of Guild’s roadmap in service of our mission and company goals. In this role you will lead an internal product team and scale our data infrastructure so anyone inside of Guild can access the data they need to make decisions for the students we serve.
As a Senior Product Manager, Business Intelligence Infrastructure you will:
- Define and own the product roadmap for the infrastructure, processes, and tooling that underpin Business Intelligence, internal Operations teams, and partner products.
- Partner with internal customers throughout Guild — from marketing and finance to customer teams directly supporting employers, academic partners, and students — to understand their needs for data and create the ‘right sized’ solutions.
- Ensure we deliver tactical value as a service organization, and long term strategic outcomes as an enablement function for all of Guild.
- Obsess about the right ways of measuring success and driving self-serve value, balancing the competing needs of our data engineering teams, data scientists, analysts, and the squads that directly support our students.
- Empower non-technical and technical internal customers to access quality, usable data faster.
- Become an authority on our data by nurturing a deep understanding of how, where, and why it’s generated and what insights it can provide.
- Work with a cross-functional team of data engineers, BI developers, and other experts to bring your team’s roadmap to life.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 5 years experience in a technical product management role.
- You have built platforms and products using data ecosystems.
- A natural curiosity! You want to understand what matters to the business and prioritize based on Guild’s broader objectives to help students at scale.
- A solid understanding of the product development process and agile methodologies across both discovery and delivery, and a strong foundation of user-centered design.
- A drive for understanding, translating and communicating complex data concepts to audiences across an organization.
- You can explain (both verbally and in writing) the pipeline of data from collection to visualization; and the difference between marts and warehouses.
- An analytical approach and comfort using SQL to query, transform, understand, and test data sets (this is not an analytics role but being hands-on with data will enhance your impact!).
- A demonstrated track record of working independently to drive outstanding business results, especially under conditions of ambiguity, high growth, and change.
- A commitment to Guild’s mission to unlock opportunity for America’s workforce through education.
- 3+ years of direct experience working with data engineering squads.
- You have built data-rich platforms that rely on multi-sided markets serving distinct customers and personas.
- You have multiple years of experience with modern cloud-based data infrastructure platforms, including relevant experience building products that use Big Data, AI/ML, data storage technologies like Snowflake or AWS Aurora, data processing systems like Spark or Storm, and Cloud infrastructure technology like GCP or AWS.
- You have some experience in working with ETL/ELT and reporting tooling platforms such as DBT, Matillion, Looker, or Tableau.
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary $150,000 – $195,000, as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation – and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild’s investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.