In this role, you will apply user-centered design methods to craft exceptional user experiences—from concept to execution. You will collaborate with design partners, product managers, and engineers to leverage and evolve the Osmind design system to build beautiful, innovative, and inspired Electronic Health Record (EHR) product features for our customers and their patients.
What you’ll do
- Create low- to high-fidelity product design deliverables, interaction design specs, and interactive prototypes for both web and mobile.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of the Osmind design system.
- Confidently communicate design intent and rationalize design decisions to internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in UX research activities to fully characterize the customer and advocate for user needs.
- Explore design directions for multiple product UI features such as scheduling, patient charting, notifications and messaging, and more.
- Push the boundaries of what an EHR can be through bold experimentation and inventiveness.
- A design portfolio demonstrating design proficiency for web and mobile platforms.
- Fluency with design tools used to produce wireframes and high fidelity mockups.
- Strong visual design skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills, with strong ability to synthesize and communicate ideas.
- A positive, scrappy attitude, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
- Willingness to work out of our office in San Francisco office 2-3 days per week.
Nice to have
- Experience conducting UX research activities, or partnering with UX researchers, to inform the development of design solutions.
- Healthcare technology experience preferred but not required.
- Competitive salary and equity package.
- 100% employer contribution to healthcare insurance (medical, dental, vision) and 50% contribution for dependents
- 401K matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible working hours to match your style
- In-office in San Francisco (Potrero Hill) 2-3 days a week in 2022 pending public health guidelines
- In-office perks: food and lunch, snacks and drinks, happy hours, etc.
- Contribute to one of the most innovative areas of medicine: frontier neuropsychiatry.
- Be part of an all-star team that is intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and likes to have fun.
- Tremendous growth opportunity and autonomy given we’re a high-growth startup.
About us and more
- To share more about our company, our mission, our values, what it’s like working with us, and our interview process, we’ve put together this presentation for you
- The tl;dr: we’re a tight-knit group of intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and fun team members. We take the work that we do very seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Sometimes you’ll catch us singing karaoke, making memes, or going out for a run together.
- We have a five-star average Glassdoor review.
- We value feedback. Have an idea for how we can improve this job description? Let us know here.
Some candidates may see the list above and feel discouraged because they don’t match all the items. Please apply anyway: there’s a good chance you also have important skills we’ve missed! We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we’re taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, underrepresented people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.