We are looking for a Product Manager to manage our growing learning platform and report directly to the CTO. This role will be influential in helping shape the product management process at Finance Unlocked. We are looking for a bright candidate to work with us on product management, business data analysis, customer data and communication.
Qualitative and quantitative data actively drive our entire business, so this role will have to go beyond just analysing – you are expected to proactively make recommendations for improvements and have a crucial role in shaping our product strategy. This role will also help bring those recommendations forward into our product roadmap and deliver them to our customers.
Specific role responsibilities include:
- Develop the product roadmap to improve the online customer experience.
- Filter requirements from multiple stakeholders throughout the business and help the prioritisation process.
- Reporting and analysis of all on-site behaviour and monitoring product performance.
- Work with the design and development team on product features.
- Propose, prepare and monitor A/B tests; analyse test results and use findings to drive strategy.
- Help produce product collateral for all new features for business and customer use cases.
- Help with customer success and interactions. Support the sales and marketing teams in bringing automation and personalisation to every piece of customer communication.
About your experience
- At least three years of experience in product management for development projects.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, cloud-first environment.
- Proven ability to manage processes and product issues of broad scope and variety
- Confident building and maintaining effective working relationships across departments
- Experience in coordinating across multiple senior stakeholders with competing priorities
- Some knowledge of web tools: Web analytics (e.g. GA, Mixpanel), Agile product management (e.g. Jira, Tello), A/B testing tools (e.g. Optimisely, Google Optimise) and communication (e.g. Slack, MS Teams)
Nice to haves include:
- Excellent analytical skills using Excel or Google Sheets
- Experience working in an agile scrum environment
- Any experience with HTML/CSS or SQL
- Submission of application including qualifying questions (applications with those left blank will not be considered)
- Initial short introduction call with a team member (~25mins call)
- A preset task with a follow up more extended interview with the Hiring Manager (~1-hour task and ~1-hour call)
- Values interview with two others from the Company (2 x ~25mins call)
- Final interview Hiring Manager (~ 30 mins)
Support – If you have a medical condition or an individual need for an adjustment to our process, and you believe this may affect your ability to be at your best – please let us know so we can discuss how we can best support you and any adjustments needed. All interviews will be virtually currently.
- You understand how to balance between being data-driven and customer-centric
- You have excellent communication and writing skills and enjoy talking to people.
- You are happy to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into whatever is needed to help the business, our clients and our learners.
- You are proactive and don’t wait to be told what to do (we’re not fans of micromanagement).
- You have a passion for lifelong learning; you recognise your weaknesses and always look to improve.
- You enjoy working in a team and being part of something bigger than yourself.
- You are a creative problem solver who wants to approach our challenges with fresh thinking and are not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- You are a nice person.
As well as the usual things you’d expect (statutory pension contributions, 25 days holiday, EMI options) we also offer:
- Hybrid working – you will primarily work remotely but will also join the full team in central London for a minimum of two days every two weeks (in line with any current Covid-19 government guidelines)
- Team activities – we organise regular team meals and activities
- Working from home – we provide the equipment you need to do your job well, plus a one-off allowance to make your home setup comfortable.
- Private healthcare – we provide a healthcare cashback scheme with Medicash covering medical, dental and other healthcare expenses.
- Giving back – we allow up to two days of paid volunteering time per year to support a cause of your choice and regular team volunteering activities organised by the company.
Our vision and values
A strong culture is vital to us, and we look for people who share our values. These guide how we work together as a team, as well as with our clients, suppliers, and all other stakeholders:
- Inspire curiosity: We invest in our own learning and growth and inspire our learners and customers to grasp all available opportunities.
- Do the right thing: We have strong morals and consider how our decisions and choices affect all stakeholders; we believe in the power of education to empower more competent, skilled professionals and a more inclusive and sustainable world.
- Relentlessly progress: We have a strong sense of accountability and act as owners. We go the extra mile, both personally and for the team, consistently striving to innovate to help the company, customers and learners.
- Deliver simplicity: We take pride in meeting customer and learner needs with simple solutions, meaning we must often navigate complexity to deliver clear and focused outcomes ultimately.
Finance Unlocked is a fast-growing and successful B2B start-up straddling the Edtech, MediaTech and FinTech spaces. We have created an on-demand video-delivered learning and development platform built specifically for the finance sector. Our vision is to simplify learning and development for all professionals; we have started with the finance sector but do not plan to stop here!
Our product is recognised as market-leading, with high video engagement rates and customer satisfaction. Content is created in-house by industry experts and accredited by leading institutes. Customers include global asset managers, banks, law firms and business schools. We are backed by a highly credible pool of angel investors with strong expertise in the financial sector.
In 2021, we were excited to launch our second product, Sustainability Unlocked ( https://sustainabilityunlocked.com ), the first platform providing comprehensive ESG education to the financial sector.
Finance Unlocked is also focused on making a positive social impact. In 2020 we delivered £3M worth of education to University students affected by campus closures. In 2021, we worked with Santander to provide 3,000 Finance Unlocked subscriptions to Black and Black Mixed students as part of their CSR programme.
We have also recently submitted our application to become a B-Corporation and proactively work to ensure diversity of employees, contractors and experts.