At Farewill, we’re out to change the way the world deals with death, helping people to take control, personally and financially, of what matters to them after they’re gone.
We launched our first product in November of 2016 helping people to take care of their wills online, for a fraction of the cost of seeing a solicitor in person. Since then, we’ve grown rapidly, and are on track to be the biggest will writer in the UK later this year. We’re currently also working with the Law Commission to rewrite the law behind wills (which has stood unchanged for 170 years) and fully digitise the process.
In the last 2 months we’ve topped Designer News and Product Hunt (after rebranding with the studio behind Airbnb) and been featured in Forbes, The Times, The Guardian and Radio 4. We’re also making waves in the charity world with over £12 million raised for charities on our platform through our partnerships.
We’re a lean, product-focused team who love what we do. With backgrounds in design, behavioural psychology, and management consultancy, we’re a diverse bunch of independent thinkers and humble learning machines.
This is an unusual, fascinating, sometimes sad, always emotional area to work in – if you’re up for a big challenge we’d love to meet you.
We’re looking for a die-hard empathizer, someone who thinks in terms of how other people feel, and loves finding ways to help them. Being a phenomenal manager of high-performance teams is a given, but where you’ll come into your own is in understanding our customers and the problems we all have in our attitudes towards death. This is unchartered territory and not something that has ever been done before, so we need someone brilliant, bold and talented.
- 3+ years experience building and shipping digital consumer software
- Ability to share your track record of taking a concept through to amuch lovedexperience
- Extraordinary communicator whether with customers, designers, or engineers
- Ability to present ideas effectively through basic mockups and wireframes
- Have experience of building/improving a product that helps customers get where they want to with as little friction as possible
- Know when things need to be tested and know when you just need to ship
- Full of raw energy and enthusiastic horsepower
- Work well with friendly product-focused engineers, designers, founders, and customers in a way that instills trust
- Be commercially savvy and happy to roll your sleeves up and make things happen
- Be part confident learner, part generous mentor
- Have a great sense ofhumourand take pride your own and the team’s work.
- Influence, trust, and impact inside a well-funded startup that’s scaling
- Work alongside other friendly and talented people who are keen to learn and improve skills
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to millions of people’s lives and deaths
- The freedom and flexibility to do your best work
- Lovely office in the heart of Shoreditch
- Boris bike key
- Regular off-site days and weekly breakfasts/lunches.
- Access to an amazing network of mentors and engineers at other portfolio companies.