Thanks for checking out our job description for a Data Product Manager at Impala. We felt a little bit impersonal just diving straight in with words like “revolutionising” and “disrupting”.
As such, we apologise in advance for any clichés, tropes or sudden-insecurity-driven-panic-attacks that you might find in the description below.
All that aside though, we’re pretty proud to be listed number 2 in London’s best startups to work at in 2021; listed as one of the 50 fastest-growing companies in London to accelerate your career in 2021; and featured in Sifted’s Top European Startups in 2021.
Life and Logistics
Follow this link to find out more about progression, wellness, culture and benefits, and more, at Impala. We think it’s a pretty great place to work, and we’re proud to share some insight as to why.
A brief overview of what you will be doing here:
As a Data Product Manager for our Data platform team, you’ll have ownership over one of our most foundational product areas.
- You will be own key areas of our customer-facing product – rates.
- You will own our Data Acquisition Strategy for the most important part of our Products.
- You will develop the roadmap ensuring we can acquire and operate at scale, with high accuracy and reliability.
- You will lead your own scrum team and collaborate on the long term vision and strategy for the data platform.
You should join us if:
- You are an experienced Product Manager who has previously developed an API product
- You are passionate about being the voice of the customer and can collaborate with stakeholders to solve for their needs.
- Your approach is a blend of being rational yet creative, persistent yet approachable, and data-orientated yet instinctive.
- You enjoy diving into seemingly chaotic problems and emerging with clear, actionable insight.
- You are impact orientated and excited by shaping the product strategy and delivering on key KPIs and goals.
- You are a first principles thinker who can share the reasoning behind your approach.
- You have led 2 squads/worked on a core product offering before.
- You have worked as a product manager for at least 2 years.
- You share our organisational vision of democratising travel and enabling innovation across an entire industry.
- You thrive on excellence, autonomy and questioning conventional wisdom.
You shouldn’t join us if (we want to be as honest and transparent as we can):
- You value stability in a product and company, over change and fast-growth.
- You shy away from candour and fast-paced environments.
- You think lofty goals are better left to renovation builders.
What is Impala?
At Impala we’re solving an exciting, complex problem that has held back the hotel industry, if not the entire travel industry, for 20 years.
We’re making it ridiculously easy for innovators to integrate with hotels, via our (frankly delightful..) API’s.
This democratises access for hotels and innovators alike, enabling and encouraging so much more innovation in travel. We believe the industry can, should and will do better, and we’re going to be at the centre of that… Bring on the travel tech revolution!
More practically, we’re making the world a better place for guests, hotels, and online travel agents of any size! Think Twilio or Plaid for Travel.
And that is very much only just the beginning.
This is where you come in, there are big challenges a-plenty as we scale up and evolve, which are going to require some talented folks to solve.
- We’re revolutionising an out-of-date 1.6 trillion dollar market. This means we’re reimagining what travel can and should look like – and you can be a part of that.
- We’re supported by some of the most respected investors in the business, the early-stage backers behind Deliveroo, SecretEscapes, Trivago, Transferwise, and Airbnb.
- We’re an innovation-bent and product-obsessed team (who don’t take ourselves too seriously)
Our Async work environment offers more flexibility, less pressure, and a better work-life balance.
- We’ve been remote-first since 2017 and know how to do it. We care about thinking deeply about the workplace.
- We’ve always optimised for quality over quantity when expanding our team. We have Star teams full of Star players across the board.
- We offer lofty progression opportunities for all Impalans
- We’re clear on our mission to enable innovators to build the world’s most incredible travel experiences.
- We also have a benefits package that’s second-to-none and a wonderful community and culture. Check out our deck and our careers page for more on that.
Where will you work?
We are a remote-first and asynchronous company. This was a very deliberate, natural choice, as we prioritise preserving work-life balance and accommodating the best people in Europe, whilst also fostering diversity.
We employ anyone within +/- 2h from GMT, timezone wise for now (expanding globally in the future).
You can check out everything we offer to set up your perfect remote work environment here.
And if Relocation excites you – we offer (and encourage!) that opportunity too.
What about the Covid-shaped elephant in the room?
Covid-19 has forced almost every industry in the world to adjust in 2020, and none more so than the travel industry. It is however, an exciting time to be in Travel Tech; with endless opportunities opened up for innovation meaning the industry won’t be going back to how it was. Hotels and innovators are no longer satisfied with the status quo, and players across travel tech have been busy giving themselves a make over during Covid.
Backed by some of Europe’s leading investors, we’re on the cusp of launching a product that will connect people and travel once again.
If you want to learn more about us, check out our Blog and our Culture Deck.
For more information about what it’s like working here, check out our Glassdoor page.