Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 18 months, Unmind has grown from a 30 person team to a fast-growing, 150 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. With the recent announcement of our Series B funding, we’re looking forward to our next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join as our Senior Product Designer.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you’ve identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role – Senior Product Designer – Workplace Wellbeing
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join our new Workplace Wellbeing team. At Unmind, we work in small teams driven by the trio of Design, Product and Engineering. As the designer in the team, you will help drive the process of understanding user needs, facilitating ideation during discovery, validating ideas through user testing, designing detailed interfaces, collaborating with the Engineering team to ensure high quality implementation, and testing the product to be confident that we’re shipping a product that meets all requirements.
In this role, you will:
- Work with product and engineering every day
- Own the process, from discovery through implementation
- Use, iterate on and add to a design system
- Organise, run and analyse user research
- Democratise design by clearly explaining your thinking
- Help grow the size of the design team by helping to interview new applicants
- Champion accessibility and inclusivity
Skills and experience
We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience in the following is important for the role.
Who you are:
- Hands on impact: You have hands on experience delivering ambitious, impactful products before
- User-led: You gather context and accommodate different stakeholder goals, but know it’s ultimately your job to champion the user
- Form and function: You understand the nuances at play between form and function when designing digital products
- Collaboration: You understand that great ideas come from anywhere and collaboration across disciplines and experiences is the key to building great products
- Full-stack: You have experience working from discovery through to implementation and iteration
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
£1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
Monthly ClassPass Subscription
Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
Friend and family access to the Unmind platform
Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)