The Cheminformatics Group seeks an experienced Informatics Systems Analyst to partner with the Small Molecule Pharmaceutical Sciences (SMPS) Department at Genentech. The SMPS department is a world class Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls (CMC) organization responsible for process chemistry, formulations, and analytical technologies.
You will play a critical role as business analyst and product owner in delivering transformational informatics systems and software that enable cutting edge research and the discovery of ground breaking therapeutics. You will partner with our scientists, who are driven to convert research discoveries into life-changing medicines, to translate their computational research and informatics needs into well defined and clearly documented software requirements for our technical teams. You will work closely with scientific users and software engineers, bridging the groups and facilitating communication, to deliver informatics systems by driving development across the full software development lifecycle. A successful Informatics Systems Analyst should have a learning mindset, be able to work in a fluid environment, and have a strong desire to proactively pursue creative solutions to challenging problems.
Who You Are
In hiring new employees, we look for people who are also inspired by our mission and who would fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous and entrepreneurial spirit of the company culture. Because we know that employees are critical to our success in bringing novel medicines to patients, we are dedicated to remaining a great place to work and to providing employees with programs, services and benefits that allow them to bring the best to the business and to their personal lives.
The ideal candidate will satisfy many of the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (graduate degree preferred), with applicable experience analyzing business requirements within a scientific or laboratory environment, especially one that is related to process chemistry, analytical chemistry and formulation.
- Experience working directly with stakeholders to document detailed software requirements, user stories, business processes and software specifications for both custom and Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) systems
- Experience working as an analyst in all phases of the software development process including requirements gathering, design, implementation, release, and maintenance
- Experience managing and visualizing instrument data associated with molecular characterization
Pharmaceutical industry experience such as Process or Analytical Chemistry, Laboratory Instrumentation, High Throughput Experimentation or other Drug Discovery and Development discipline, with a desire to sharpen business analysis skills
- Lab-based experience in CMC related field is preferred
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
- Experience with UX/UI design is preferred
- Experience in API design, data modeling and familiarity with common data structures preferred
- Enjoy working closely with scientists to understand their needs, and translating them into requirements for software solutions
- Demonstrated success handling initiatives of high complexity and risk
- Demonstrated leadership commensurate with level of experience
- Able to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Able to present your work, both verbally and in writing, to diverse audiences including scientists, technical colleagues, and management.
- 8+ years of industry experience