Job Title: Senior Product Manager
Location: Flexible in the UK
Reporting to: VP of Product Management
Founded in 2018, Infogrid is making the historically unfulfilled promise of scalable IoT a reality. We’re able to turn any building into a smart building at a fraction of the cost of existing providers. The simplicity of our solution enables our clients to self-install thousands of sensors in a matter of hours, and receive immediate real time data and insights on how to run the building more efficiently, pre-empt failures, save money, improve compliance and deliver a better working environment.
We’re growing rapidly and this is just the start. We have a bold vision to redefine how companies assess and manage sustainability. After all buildings account for 39% of global carbon emissions and we’re creating real solutions to protect the planet and improve the lives of billions of people by making every building a smart building.
We have some pretty big plans and ambitions for 2021 (and beyond), and to deliver on these we’re going to be growing our passionate, diverse and ambitious team to help make our mission a reality… If you’re determined to make a difference, voraciously curious and brimming with entrepreneurial spirit, we’d like to hear from you.
As Senior Product Manager, you (along with the VP of Product and the wider Product Management team) will envision and execute a strategy, generating solutions at scale, that solve genuine customer problems, through innovative digital products, feature sets, data insights and digital experiences. Leading a team, shaping the strategy, product roadmap, product positioning, go-to-market plans and owning the growth plans.
You will be responsible for multiple product / feature lines including overall metrics and business impact and you will lead companywide thinking on how data can best be collected, enriched, aggregated and repackaged into data products such as dashboards and analytics to help customers find new opportunities to improve and sustainably manage their buildings.
You will understand when best to build, buy or borrow, including all possible 3rd party interactions. Whilst building a scalable framework to seamlessly on-board any new technologies as identified.
You will hire, shape, and grow Product Managers into strong leaders and help realise their own objectives, KPIs and roadmaps.
Your performance is measured by the impact of the products you & your feature squad teams launch that solves real customer needs and your ability to shape, lead and inspire a high-performing cross-functional team including Product, Software Engineers, Quality Analysts, Design, Data, DevOps, Finance, and Marketing.
- Taking a customer-centric approach to product development, ensuring that all development meets customer needs and that we create products that are valuable to the customer, usable, technically feasible and viable for the business
- Being a standard-bearer for data-driven product development, setting clear KPIs and working with multi-disciplinary teams to assess progress and iterate product strategy
- Driving the product vision, strategy, roadmap and execution – working with multiple internal/external stakeholders to align priorities, dependencies and roadmap across the digital product portfolio
- Testing new product ideas, transforming the business to meet or exceed revenue goals and succeed in current and future market conditions
- Communicating the vision and delivering regular progress updates to key stakeholders, including the executive team, business unit leadership, and sales and marketing teams
- Keeping up to date with emerging technologies
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years digital product management experience, particularly analytics products
- Understanding of agile / lean product development methodologies
- Experience leading multiple, cross-functional product teams, that deliver highly successful and innovative B2B digital products, having achieved challenging growth target.
- Commercial and strategic acumen: experience in bringing new products or product features to the market, from collaborative conceptualization to execution to post-release management
- Strong critical thinking skills with an ability to organize, synthesize, and analyse qualitative and quantitative data
- Excellent interpersonal communication and stakeholder management skills
- Comfort working in complex and ambiguous situations, including demonstrated effectiveness in early stage product discovery and multi-stakeholder environments.
Additional skills and interests that would help you be successful in this role
- An ability to set a high bar not only for yourself, but your team too. Empowering them to achieve great results, through inspiring development & mentorship. ‘Rock Stars’ need not apply.
- Collaborative and empathic. Understands and promotes that highly functioning successful modern working environments are predicated on collaborative servant leadership models, not command and control. You actively seek the needs of the team over your own.
- Innovative pragmatism. Successfully balancing the need to constantly push towards end delivery, against your desire for groundbreaking innovation.
- Determined. Prepared to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on when required. When others flag, you dig-in, persevere and inspire people with your positivity. You’re able to go the distance, when others simply can’t.
- Light touch data. You just get the data you need with no fuss and use it to inform insightful stories. You know how to leverage good use of data, to make decisions, without getting stuck in analysis paralysis – especially when data is not complete.
- User-centricity, challenging the status quo and making sure we put customers at the heart of everything we do. Relentless in your pursuit of customer ease in the face of policies, procedures, governance or accepting ‘it’s just the way it’s been done before.’
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.