At Edge Delta, we are introducing the world’s first edge observability platform which allows our customers to analyze their data as it’s created, where it’s created. Embracing the freedom to decouple where you analyze your data from where it’s stored, this unique take on DevOps, Security, and SRE lets you consume and analyze outputs (logs, metrics, events, traces, telemetry) at the source – how we’ve defined the edge.
Our customers escape the constraints and architectural limitations of traditional centralized systems by utilizing our lightweight and ultra-fast agent, distributed architecture, and stream processing capabilities. Ultimately, Edge Delta provides the scalability that the market needs, without previous technical or financial limitations – unlocking limitless data analysis, faster intelligence, and automated anomaly detection.
We have a fantastic team that is continually motivated by the reception seen in the market, but we are truly in hyper-growth mode and need even more fantastic tech talent! We need people like you on the team in order for us to continue being the category leader.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As the first Product Designer at Edge Delta, you will have the opportunity to own the design process end-to-end, from user research and customer discovery through conceptual mockups, validation, and high-fidelity designs. You will work closely with our engineers and product managers to deeply understand customer needs and then design solutions that can be easily understood and adopted by our rapidly growing customer base. This is a high-leverage position with tremendous visibility and growth potential.
- Solving business problems using User-Centered Design methodologies
- Create process flows, user flows, conceptual diagrams, information architecture, wireframes, and mockups to effectively communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
- Design web applications for a highly technical audience.
- Develop detailed interaction and visual design specifications and work closely with the development team to implement them
- Lead design reviews with internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in user research with customers and industry experts.
- Consult on team project goals (best practices, conversion, Usability, UI / UX)
- Be able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
WHO YOU ARE:
You are an experienced product designer with a passion for building products to solve the needs of highly technical users. You strongly believe that good design must first and foremost solve the needs of your users. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where product changes are shipped and iterated quickly based on user feedback and continuous learning. You are excited to embed yourself in a highly-technical, cross-functional team where design ideas and feedback come from everyone.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction & Design, UX/UI Design, Information Studies or equivalent training and/or experience
- 5+ years of professional experience designing user experiences for web applications and websites for highly technical audiences
- Deep understanding and appreciation for website and web app UX/user centered design, UI design patterns and state of current technologies
- A solid understanding of current UI and visual trends
- Ability to work independently, and to manage workload to meet project timelines
- A solid understanding of web application and implementation
- A solid understanding of what it takes to create responsive web applications
- Experience working closely with development teams on implementation
- Possess a passion for great design, creativity, and innovation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills working in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative environment