We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (for example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble is looking for a Director of Product. Bumble Studio is Bumble’s new product Incubator and Integration function. In this role, you will support the GM/VP of Studio and work closely with the cross-functional Studio Staff team and each of the dedicated Studio portfolio teams.
The ideal candidate in this role will have a track record of delivering zero-to-one product initiatives from ideation to Product-Market-Fit and must have at least 6-8 years of experience in finding and solving customer problems in the consumer space. You thrive working in fast-paced environments with high levels of freedom and are at home operating with lean cross-functional teams across multiple product initiatives at a time.
- Identify and lead on new product opportunities that help expand and diversify Bumble Inc’s portfolio.
- Hire, scale up and mentor a small team of product folks (PMs, Product designers, etc.).
- Shape outcome-focused product goals and ambitious experiment-driven roadmaps to validate, prototype and push forward new ideas and concepts.
- Drive execution, partnering with Data Analysts, Engineering, Design, Operations, etc. to rapidly build, learn and iterate towards product market fit.
- Improve efficiency of the product development process, particularly on the ideation, prototyping and early-validation stages.
- Empower your cross-functional teams with the context and customer understanding they need to achieve Product Market Fit.
- Get to know our customers and uncover their needs. Look beyond the numbers to deeply understand how our customers are interacting with and getting value from our product.
- Build credibility for Studio and its products, for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Independently align leadership, business partners and key stakeholders across the company with your roadmap.
- You are the “Pioneer” archetype and love the thorny early stages of product development, figuring out how to make a product that really works for its users. You bring Product Sense in spades to the table.
- Be a Trailblazer: have the determination to pursue an original vision with conviction and creativity. Strong oral and written communication skills… bring in your best pitching game!
- Adaptable: You have the ability to be flexible and fluid in your approach to work. With enough research, you can develop a point of view on market and cultural trends. With enough debate, you are capable of changing that point of view.
- Open: Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work cross-functionally across a diverse group of partners and operations team members. Able to quickly build trust with Stakeholders, other team members as well as Founders and broader strategic networks. You enjoy learning from diverse perspectives and collaborate on multidisciplinary teams.
- Rigorous: relentlessly focused on doing the best possible job on whatever you are tasked with or have masterminded. You have excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and enjoy using those skills to solve complex problems. You take initiative and anticipate needs.
- Ambitious: work-proud, resilient; always aiming higher in every new pursuit. High level of integrity, stellar judgement and Strategic thinking.
- Voracious internet reader, life-long learner, and you naturally explore new markets and technologies. You have an enthusiasm for software and consumer products — both in using them and in understanding their importance in our collective futures.
- You are deeply passionate about creating healthy relationships with respect, equality, empowerment and safety at their core.