Paperspace is looking for an experienced ux and product designer to be a part of building the next generation MLOps platform called Gradient. We are a small and fast moving team looking to create the next generation of MLOps. We have a unique offering of owning both a GPU cloud and the beginnings of an MLOps platform with over 500k people signed up to date.
We want to be able to expand our platform in a way that is intentionally designed for the ML community and create the most simple MLOps solution ever created. The role will start off as a contractor but can quickly turn into a full time role as the company scales.
As a ux and product designer for Gradient, you would be a part of the founding team working to shape our product and experience for our users (data scientists, students and ml teams). You will be given a great deal of autonomy to create the optimal solution for our users. We are looking for someone who can:
– **Understand the user:** Research and build out a clear understanding of our user base around their needs, wants and pain points. Ability to take that research and feed it into making product shaping decisions.
– **Build with simplicity:** We believe that you should not have to be an ML engineer to be able to create an MLOps pipeline and see your models in production. We want to build a product around simplicity that allows the data scientist to create their production level models within one simple platform.
– **Create transparent designs:** Transparency to the user is extremely important when creating the Gradient platform. Each design and UX decision should take into account providing the user all the information they may need to be successful. Also know when there is too much information.
– **Shape the product:** The designer will be very influential in the direction of the Gradient product as we continue to grow. You need to be able to translate various customer needs into a clear and streamlined roadmap.
– **Iterate at Tempo:** We are a small startup team that wants to build the best product out there but at the same time not get bogged down by making it perfect. We want to be able to design, test and build the product in a way that allows us to make continuous progress.
– Create a culture of excellence in design quality within the product teams and across the organization.
– Own the design system for the platform
– Work directly with the product manager to create a new user experience for the Gradient platform
– Design experiences across an omni-channel platform including a data science notebook experience and text-based interfaces like an SDK or CLI.
– Build relationships across engineering, product, customer support and other departments to advocate the importance of user experience.
**What we are looking for:**
– 3+ experience in digital product design, with at least 2 years working closely with engineers in an agile environment to build SaaS, or data science tools
– An online portfolio (or work samples) featuring data science centric design projects
– An excellent visual and written communicator, able to clearly communicate your design work and support for your design decisions
– Understand how to make your designs accessible and the importance of inclusive design
– Desire to work in a rapidly changing, high-growth startup environment
– Comfortable owning the end-to-end design process, describing your vision, determining success, and clarifying ambiguity
The team is working on building out the next iteration of Gradient, our MLOps platform, with an ambitious roadmap in mind. As the product designer, you will work directly with the product manager to build out the next iteration of the platform that incorporates new experiences for our users.
As a contractor, you will initially work on a 2-3 week sprint project to take initial user research and requirements to put together low to high fidelity designs related to brand new feature sets for the Gradient platform.