UX Design is a new area of specialism with Novia and as UX & Design Lead and you will be instrumental in setting up the capability. This includes defining our processes and educating the organisation about the importance of UX user centred design.
On a daily basis you’ll be collaborating with various team members throughout the organisation, creating an incredible digital experience for our users. Your natural curiosity will drive you to learn about our customer’s complex problems and you’ll use your abilities to ask the right questions, challenge assumptions, and collaborate to find the optimal solutions.
- Promoting, and adding to our design system, accessibility standards & patterns
- Help the agile teams adopt a user-centred approach to delivery by understanding their users and testing ideas quickly and often
- Plan and facilitate workshops with stakeholders and end-users to inform designs
- Identifying research opportunities and communicating research findings effectively
- Produce testable prototypes for design research and evaluation
- Present complex information and concepts in a clear and articulate manner
- Create a shared understanding of users through the collaborative creation of UX artefacts
- Extending our toolbox of methods to enable our teams to meet business objectives and solving customer needs
About you (what we’re looking for)
You are a confident and skilled Lead Designer or Senior Designer with a strong UX/UI background who is ready to take the lead and establish the function here at Novia. Supporting a team of Product Owners you need to bring a breadth and depth of experience and the confidence to demonstrate best practice and lead by example. You’ll enjoy engaging with stakeholders and showcasing your work and showing us how it’s done!
We’d love you to bring these skills and capabilities:
- Experience in UI/UX, interactive design, and visual communication.
- Built a robust portfolio of mobile/web/desktop applications that you’ve participated in crafting
- Built or contributed to a design system
- Experience in full agile product life cycle from design through deployment.
- Ability to be a thought leader and influence executive stakeholders
- Experience defining & measuring performance metrics
Rewards and Benefits
- Salary up to £75,000.
- Hybrid Working (split between home and office).
- Discretionary bonus each year.
- 25 days holiday per calendar year plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase or sell up to 5 additional days per year.
- Supported and encouraged professional development.
Private Medical scheme (single cover that can be increased to FULL Family).
- Income protection scheme.
- Group contributory pension scheme.
- Interest free season ticket loans for travel costs.
- Novia Foundation Day in support of charitable activities.
- We encourage internal progression at Novia, with many of our employees going on to become Team Leaders, Managers, Subject Matter Experts and many more.
- We’re proud of our company culture at Novia. From rewards and incentives, remote team socials to fun quizzes, our friendly and welcoming teams at Novia strive to make our office a great place to work