We’re an award-winning financial technology company based in the heart of beautiful Bath. We provide Financial Advisers with the technology, trading capabilities and service to help deliver great customer outcomes to their clients.
We’re determined to deliver technology that will keep us at the forefront of Intelligent Wealth Management and are building a modern scalable and flexible microservices architecture to help us to achieve our goal. As we embark upon a new and exciting period of change and growth, we’re looking for people that want to make theirs too!
About the role
Product owners fulfil a crucial role within Novia, ensuring that we are solving the problems that our users have in a way that consistently delivers value to Novia. We work across the organisation, breaking down silos, bringing people together and helping every team focus on how we can enhance our product.
With guidance from the Product Lead, as a Product Owner you will own and drive a product area. You will work closely with internal stakeholders, users, and agile teams to ensure features are well researched, prioritized & in line with the company vision and goals. Your natural curiosity will drive you to learn about our customer’s complex problems and you’ll use your abilities to ask the right questions, challenge assumptions, and collaborate to find the optimal solutions.
- Own and maintain the backlog for a product area within Novia Financial
- Working with the agile team breaking down features into actionable user stories
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders and users to understand their needs and the problems we need to solve.
- Actively participate in daily meetings, pre-iteration sessions, iteration planning, demo’s and retrospectives.
- Identify and measure success criteria for each delivered feature
- Ensure all solutions implemented meet internal quality standards and include robust controls to mitigate and manage any associated risks and issues, escalating if necessary.
- Establish and maintain reference material to ensure knowledge is shared and managed effectively both internally and externally. This could be through a variety of mechanisms such as documents, diagrams, slide decks and videos.
- Assist with the review and prioritisation of defects.
- Co-ordinate and support user acceptance testing as necessary.
About you (what we’re looking for)
We are collaborative workers so we’re not only seeking a Product Owner who has worked in an agile software development environment, we also need you to bring strong interpersonal skills and a friendly nature. As we’re a junior team we really need a Product Owner who can help shape our function and lead by example. This is a genuine career opportunity to bring your experience and help grow the team and its best practice approach.
- At least 2 years’ experience working as a Product Owner in an agile software development environment
- Possess a passion for continual learning, be open to constant change and adapt to feedback provided for improvement
- Product orientated individual who is creative and a self-starter
- Experience in a similar role within the Financial Services industry
- Experience using agile tools, such as MS Azure DevOps
- Experience using Objectives & Key Results (OKR’s)
Rewards and Benefits
- £45,000 – £50,000.
- Hybrid Working (split between home and office).
- Discretionary bonus each year.
- 25 days holiday per calendar year plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase or sell up to 5 additional days per year.
- Tech Scheme (buy discounted electrical products and pay back monthly via Company payroll).
- Supported and encouraged professional development.
- Private Medical scheme (single cover that can be increased to FULL Family).
- Income protection scheme.
- Group contributory pension scheme.
- Interest free season ticket loans for travel costs.
- Various corporate gym membership rates.
- Novia Foundation Day in support of charitable activities.