Are you a Product Manager working on apps that use containers or serverless tech? We have big aspirations ready for you to seek out which customer problems will have the highest impact.
Our Steps team is shaping the deployment experience for thousands of customers as they adopt the cloud. This is a great role for a lone PM looking to join a growing product company, or Product Owner who has worked on apps that heavily use cloud-native technologies in Amazon Web Services, Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform and is looking to step into a PM role.
We have been doing full remote work in Australia and New Zealand for quite some time.
Have questions before applying to work with folks like Trish Khoo, Michael Richardson, Rhys Parry, Andrew Best, Richard Lee, Matt Shepherd, Lianne Crocker, and more? Grab a 15-minute ask-me-anything with the hiring manager (me!) — https://calendly.com/colin-bowern/working-at-octopus-deploy
A typical day might include
- Build an understanding of our customers across a range of industries and technologies stacks
- Manage the direction and plan for your product area: learning from a wide range of inputs, distilling where opportunities exist, then prioritising work that delivers a positive impact
- Explore the next wave of opportunities with customers around the world – you will have flexibility and input into the timing of when those conversations happen
- Collaborate with your team in thinking big, to imagining solutions that solve these problems
- Scope these solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to customers as early as you can
- Constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative measures
- Partner with design and engineering leads to keep a quality product experience, while supporting a reasonable delivery pace
- Motivate a group of committed smart people to do the best work of their careers through stories of the purpose and impact of their work
We are looking for someone like you who:
- Has worked closely with marketing, sales, and/or customer success teams to identify and prioritize changes that will unblock product adoption
- Has multiple years of experience in a software product role, finding opportunity, making strategic decisions, and learning through multiple release cycles
- Focuses on outcomes first with examples of how learning and feedback have been incorporated into your strategies and experiences
- Can clearly communicate and guide discussions with customers and creating alignment within the organization across executives, decision makers, and influencers
- Represents your product, always looking for opportunities to improve engagement and support customer success
- Understands software development lifecycles – web and cloud applications are ideal, and we will invest in growing your knowledge