At Spektrix, our mission is to provide arts organisations with the best possible chance of success. We do this by combining cloud-based technology with expert support and training consultancy, helping our clients grow their audiences and increase revenue. We’re confident that Spektrix is the most forward-thinking ticketing, marketing and fundraising solution around.
We know that the best software is user-friendly and intuitive, so we’ve built every bit of Spektrix with usability in mind. Everything in the system is quick to learn and easy to use, whether you’re a Box Office Manager, Marketing Assistant or Fundraising Director. Technology is constantly evolving — to keep up with the pace we release daily upgrades so the 500+ organisations we work with (and their audiences) never have to wait for the newest and most innovative features.
Everything we do is about making our users’ lives easier, so everyone gets unlimited support and consultancy to get the most out of Spektrix. This ethos is reflected in our service charge – an all-inclusive fee that scales with the size of your business. No upfront costs, no long-term tie-ins and no additional charges.
As Senior Product Owner, you will work within our Product Team and a cross-functional delivery team. Each cross-functional team has a Product Owner, a Tech Lead and a number of software engineers as well as a shared Delivery Manager.
Our functionality ranges from ticket sales to reporting, marketing, CRM and fundraising functions which are available from our browser-based client interface and via technical products like our APIs and Web Components. We also build and maintain tools used by our internal teams to support and manage our platform.
The purpose of our Product Team is to make sure the goals of our clients and users are always at the centre of product development. To do that we put our efforts into ensuring that Product is a central team of the business, building strong links with all other teams.
You will be
- Leading on prioritisation of opportunities within your team and more widely, working with your team, clients, business stakeholders and data to understand the most valuable work for your team and to evaluate the success of our work.
- Understanding longer term Product direction for Spektrix and align short and mid-term Product Opportunities around these needs to ensure our platform is built to last
- Understanding, recording and communicating Product Debt, aligning others around how to tackle this now and in the future.
- Research and frame user needs and problems, in alignment with our business goals and product direction
- Clearly and succinctly articulate your research as well as wider context, constraints and challenges to your team; translating complex or unfamiliar problems into understandable concepts and stories
- Find the best ways to test assumptions and learn through experimentation; gain insight from users, clients and our teams, to remove unknowns and find the best outcomes before and during development.
- Ensure successful roll-out and on-going success of functionality you work on, collaborating with client-facing and communications teams to maximise our uptake and impact..
- Work closely with the Delivery Managers to define the best way to deliver priorities in your team
- Clearly communicate product goals, priority, decisions and progress within your team and across the business, proactively informing internal stakeholders of changes and improvements.
- Working within the Product team to develop best practice and processes in how we work, and how we communicate, align and influence internally and externally around priorities and direction.
- Have experience as a Product Owner / Product Manager or similar role in a software development team
- Have experience building and maintaining and/or using multi-tenant B2B SaaS Products
- Have experience interrogating the problems and needs of users
- Be comfortable understanding and defining the needs of integrators as well as users; experience of working on and/or using API and appreciation of good API design.
- Have strong influencing skills around a vision, able to align others internally and externally
- Be comfortable working with Agile software delivery practices, including Lean and Kanban, and confident leading others in ways of working and in collaborative meetings.
- Be keen to learn new technologies and skills
- Have a curiosity for understanding software systems and how people use them
- Be receptive to feedback and be able to give constructive feedback
- Have an aptitude and enthusiasm for collaborating with internal and external colleagues / teammates.
- Have strong communication and stakeholder management skills – approaching interactions with empathy
- An understanding and appreciation of technical and product debt and able to advocate for the importance of balancing new functionality alongside tackling debt.
- Flexible working. If it works for you and it works for your team then it works. See more specifics below on our remote working policy
- NHS top up scheme (covering dental, optical, therapy & counselling, prescription and other health related costs)
Mental Health First Aiders across the business
- Continuous development supported by Line manager, learning budget and 10% time
- Enhanced Maternity, Adoption & Shared Parental Leave
25 days paid holiday with flexibility to take bank holidays wherever you choose
- 2 volunteering days per year
- Pension scheme with matched contributions from Spektrix up to 4%Office demo, drinks and celebrations every Friday (currently virtual)
- Varied range of regular socials (currently virtual)
- Cycle to work & Season Ticket Loans