Fuse Universal isn’t just another learning company. We’re rudely shaking up the way that people and organisations learn and communicate, right across the world. Our unique Integrated Learning Platform allows businesses to shape their learning around their goals by tapping the inherent knowledge of the experts and peers within their organisation.
That’s a major difference, and it’s one that’s worked for over 120 businesses, ranging from Panasonic to Avon to Scandic, with more coming on board all the time.
Our Lead Product Designer has insatiable curiosity and deep empathy for our users. You’ll be continuously asking questions and working to understand our customers and their needs. You’re focused on the problem, not just the solution; and work collaboratively to define and solve our user’s problems.
As Lead Product Designer you’ll be responsible for realising Fuse’s vision through our product design process and solving tomorrow’s problems today. You are a champion for user-centred design and creating product experiences that delight our customers when they use the Fuse product. You know what good looks like and you will drive that through inspiring and coaching other Product Designers, and confident being the voice of design at Fuse. You’ll help lead and define the product experience at Fuse through collaboration with Product Management and Engineering. You also have the skills and passion to undertake design projects of your own and lead by example.
The Lead Product Designer role sits within the Product Design team, and reports up to the Head of Product Management & Design, and Director of Product.
- Lead by example within the Product Design team (and wider Fuse organisation), and coach the other Product Designers through regular feedback and demonstrating best practices with them
- Advocating for the value of user-centred design processes, including UX, user research and lean/agile methodologies
- Collaborating with teams across the business (Product Design, Product Management, Product Delivery & Engineering) to continually improve our design process and methodologies, and be the champion of these processes
- Collaborate with stakeholders to translate business objectives and user insights into impactful product experiences
- Act as the product designer for projects and work in partnership with a Product Manager to create innovative, simple/usable and data-driven user-centric experiences for a product/feature/service by:
- Designing, facilitating and analysing user research (qualitative and quantitative) during the Discovery phase to derive insights (e.g. needs, pains, gains, jobs to be done) and test hypotheses
- Organising, facilitating and/or participating in cross-functional Ideation sessions to ideate new product features and/or enhancements that solve real-world user problems
- Creating user flows/journeys based on the user research; and validating those with further customers
- Creating lo-fi functional prototypes / wireframes during the iterative product design process of: design, usability test, refine designs
- Finalising hi-fi UI/UX designs for handover to Product Delivery & Engineering teams
- Define the Fuse design system through collaboration, and ensure that a consistent design is applied across the entire Fuse product, and that all product experiences comply with accessibility standards (WCAG)
- Inquisitive and empathetic about understanding our users
- 5+ years in a Product Designer role in a fast-paced market, including significant experience in UX and user research
- 2+ years of experience coaching other Product Designers, either in a manager role or through informal mentoring and influencing
A generalist with a balanced blend of skills covering:
- Qualitative and quantitative user research methodologies, including user interviews, and usability testing with prototypes of varying fidelity
- UX and UI design experience, including designing for:
- Accessibility and inclusivity
- Both the ‘happy path’ and edge cases
- A consistent product experience across all device types
- Design and prototyping tools (experience with Figma will be an advantage)
- Advanced knowledge of WCAG accessibility standards (any relevant certification will be an advantage)
- You actively collect and use data to make decisions
- Comfortable with all forms of communication and can effectively communicate with a diverse audience of people, including internal teams and customers. Experience facilitating meetings and workshops is a must.
You can stand out by showing us your skills and experience in:
- UX design methodologies, including user research, and influencing previous organisations to continually improve their UX focus
- How you approach solving a problem through design methodologies
- Collaborating with functions across an organisation during the product development process, including Product Managers, Engineering and client-facing teams (e.g. sales, customer success), and the ability to ‘speak their language’ when facilitating meetings
- The EdTech and/or Learning & Development market
- Coaching other Product Designers and leading by example
- Overcoming common challenges during the design process, including:
- Contradictory user feedback, and how to weight feedback during analysis
- Clients wanting everything, and how to prioritise and make decisions
- Managing multiple stakeholders
- Managing conflicting priorities
- Designing a SAAS product that still allows clients to personalise it (e.g. brand colours)
Submitting a portfolio/showcase of previous work that demonstrates high-quality design work and also tells a story that you are a deep design thinker is highly recommended.
Benefits on offer
- Remote first and flexible working
- L&D – peer and platform learning – it’s at the heart of what we do
- Medical insurance
- Home-working / Wellbeing allowance
- Perkbox – wide ranging benefits; discounted shopping and services
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension contributions
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Annual leave – 25 days + day off on your birthday
- Company socials