About Nature Publishing Group
Nature Publishing Group (NPG), a division of Macmillan Publishers, is the leading provider of high impact scientific and medical information in print and online. We are looking to hire a Product Manager, Classified Advertising to join our digital advertising & eCommerce team.
This is an exciting opportunity to own the product vision, roadmap and delivery of three online classified products: Naturejobs, BDJ Jobs and the Nature Events Directory. You’ll be the bridge between the technical and business teams to continually assess, advise, prioritise, scope and deliver product features and enhancements.
Here’s what you will be responsible for:
- Naturejobs – the world’s largest dedicated science jobs board; providing career advice and job listings across our flagship publications – Nature and Scientific American as well as centrally at naturejobs.com. The reach of Naturejobs is unrivalled, with millions of highly-qualified science professionals viewing Naturejobs postings every month.
- Nature Events Directory – the essential resource for scientists looking for the latest scientific conferences, courses, meetings and symposia. Featured across Nature Publishing Group journals and centrally at natureevents.com it is an essential reference guide to scientific events worldwide.
- BDJJobs – as part of the BDJ portfolio, BDJJobs.com is the UK’s largest database for dental classifieds and ensures readers can easily locate relevant vacancies, as well as educational opportunities and relevant services.
You’ll have a keen interest in technology and previously had responsibility for the full product lifecycle of online products for at least three years; ideally in a B2B environment. You’ll need to be analytical in your approach to problems, a strong communicator and able to lead. You’ll also need to have the following:
- Demonstrable ability to gather user requirements and convert them into a winning product vision.
- Ability to create convincing business cases to help visualize ideas and business benefits.
- Experience of an Agile working environment (particularly SCRUM)
- Demonstrated proficiency with Internet/Website technologies (Analytic Tools, User Experience, Search Engine Optimisation and overall best practice)
- An understanding of Analytics Tools, User Experience, Information Architecture, Search Engine Optimisation and other online principals.
- Product management certification or equivalent experience.
And if you possess any of these, then that is going to be a bonus:
- Experience in managing and developing mobile products.
- Previous P&L responsibility.
- Previous budget management experience. In return, we’ll pay you a competitive salary, with many benefits. There will be plenty of opportunities to travel, learn and of course, enjoy it at the same time.
Applicants will need to have the right to live and work in the UK.
Please apply by uploading a CV and a covering letter that includes details of your salary expectations to http://jobs.macmillan.com/VacancyDetail.aspx?VacancyUID=000000002999
Closing date: 13th April 2013