Three of the world’s leading scientific research funders – the Wellcome Trust, the Max Planck Society and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute – have launched an innovative, open-access research journal, eLife, as a first step in an initiative to transform the way that new research findings in life and biomedical sciences are communicated. The editors of eLife are an international team of leading researchers, led by Randy Schekman, recipient of the 2013 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. And we have a team of 20 staff in Cambridge, UK who make it all happen.
We are now seeking an experienced and highly creative professional to lead eLife’s product development strategy. The Head of Product is a new appointment, reflecting eLife’s mandate to experiment, innovate and develop new approaches. The post-holder will have overall responsibility for product strategy, linking business goals, marketing and product development. This is a terrific opportunity for an individual to shape a groundbreaking venture that fundamentally challenges existing practices in research communication for the benefit of science and society.
Experience and attributes
- Product leadership experience at a senior level, across multiple platforms
- Impressive record of bringing new products successfully from concept to market, and learning from the ones that didn’t take off so well
- Broad and deep knowledge of technology developments beneficial to research communication
- A strong interest in scientific and medical research, and a desire to develop a deep understanding of the scientific community
- Substantial and successful management of technology development partnerships and collaborations
- A passion for design and user experience
Terms and conditions
The post holder will be required to work at the organisation’s offices in Cambridge. The post is a permanent contract, 37.5 hours per week, and offers a competitive basic salary and benefits.
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining your interest and why you are a strong candidate for this post to email@example.com Closing date for applications is 18 March 2014.