Hello! Who are we?
In the face of struggling post-lockdown high streets and the climate emergency, now more than ever we know that consumerism isn’t working for people or planet.
Award-winning social enterprise Library of Things offers a solution through its item rental service, working with communities to create self-serve lockers in local spaces.
Every rental reduces waste from landfill, saves people money, activates high streets and brings people together.
We’re expanding from London, to the rest of the country & need your help to get us there.
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years experience as a product manager successfully driving a consumer-facing product across the whole development lifecycle – we’re happy to accept applications with less experience if they’ve proved themselves in a shorter time period with live projects
- Proven strategic thinking & strong communication skills
- A consultative mindset of listening, understanding & anticipating stakeholder needs
- Strong motivation by the Library of Things mission to make borrowing better than buying
- (Desirable) Comfortable with data & other analytical tools to make data-driven decisions
What the job involves
- Shaping the future of Library of Things: refine & push forward the product vision
- Driving the decisions: lead the definition, prioritisation & delivery of product features. Coordinate & define the product strategy & roadmap
- Prioritise, prioritise, prioritise: collaborating closely with our product designer, Sam; developers, Sophie & Khadija; Tech Lead, Rob, & other stakeholders to deliver product releases with the best possible timing
- Holding the space: facilitating discussions with the wider team, transparently discussing business problems to solve & product priorities
- Always listening: conduct ongoing user research with our borrowers, qualitative & quantitative, to make sure we’re always creating a desirable product – using tools like Hotjar
- Identifying gaps: capturing new ideas that improve the product experience & increase engagement with our borrowers
- Thinking beyond software: feeding into the overall borrower experience with physical touchpoints at the lockers
- Growing: we’d love this role to grow into leading the product and replacing Sophia, the Product Lead
What’s great about working here?
- Our mission comes first and our values guide how we work – regenerative, transparent, balanced, entrepreneurial, user-centred and joyful
- We’re our own best bosses – we each set our own work priorities and roadmaps, and hold each other accountable to them in a supportive way
- We’re working towards a self-managing culture. This means we’re learning together about alternatives to traditional management hierarchies – whether that’s decision-making processes where every voice is heard, or peer review processes
- We’re humans first, colleagues second – we check-in before launching into meetings, we encourage holidays – we care about wellbeing!
- Work flexibly, from the office in Brixton, London or from home
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays & between Christmas & New Year as standard
- Share options, we all share in the success of Library of Things
- Personal development budget for books, conferences, courses, etc.
- Regular team joy & bi-annual nature weekends away with the team
- 50% discount on borrowing Things
- Pension plan contributions
Don’t just take our word for it, here’s what our team have to say. We’re proud to be an award-winning workplace! We were part of Escape the City’s ‘Top 100 places to work’, 2021.