We’re on the hunt for a passionate and driven product designer to join our team and help us deliver a world class customer experience for one of the UK’s top online communities.
You will be an integral part of a very exciting product function that is looking to grow and develop the Mumsnet products to make sure we remain the no.1 place for parents online.
Following a complete overhaul of the platform that is scheduled to launch in the next couple of months, you will work in a cross functional team to rapidly design and test new features alongside improving our current offering.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their product design career, work on one of the UK’s largest websites with millions of users and put customer experience at the heart of Mumsnet.
What you’ll do:
You’ll be accountable for leading great product design, people and processes. We’ll look to you to:
- Help us design and build the next generation Mumsnet online offering
- Take a human centred approach to designing complex interfaces
- Develop a small team of UX/UI designers, guiding and supporting them, championing best design practices
- Work hand in hand with cross functional teams to solve problems and use design thinking techniques to produce solutions that optimise the user experience
- Iteratively design digital products and features from low fidelity sketches through wireframes to high fidelity visual design
- Plan and run user research to understand user behaviour and identify user needs
- Communicate product design concepts to stakeholders
- Contributing to product strategy and optimising the product design process.
- Helping us to keep on track with objectives and priorities and grow and maintain our design system
What we’re looking for:
With a fast-growing design team and big things on the horizon, we’re looking for a Product Design Manager to make an impact.
Passion for building websites people love to use
Experience working on product design with successful B2C websites and/or apps
Someone who is outcome focused can demonstrate it (a portfolio of design successes would be great) and understand the interaction between company objectives and user needs
A generalist mindset with ability to work across design disciplines. A combination of UX design and research and visual design
Experience planning and executing user research
Ability to lead and manage a range of activities from workshops to prototyping and testing with users
Proficiency of creating user flows wireframes prototypes and visual design
Strong understanding of usability and human centred design practices
Experience using Figma
It’ll be a bonus if you also have:
Experience of developing UX / UI designers
Experience with optimising design processes, workflows and operations
This role reports into the senior product manager and is based in our offices in Kentish Town. We’re currently all home working but once we return to the office we’ll embrace flexibility and remote working. You’ll only be required to be in the office one to two days a week (although you’ll be able to come in more often if you wish).
The role is full-time but we are happy to consider flexible options for the right candidate.
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with your CV and a short covering letter than demonstrates some of the qualities we’re looking for.
The deadline for applications is Friday 28 January 2022. We’ll be calling the best candidates for interviews as soon as we spot them so don’t delay applying.