Boilerjuice is looking for an experienced Product Manager who is passionate about building products that customers love. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that develop and optimise our core product range across web and app.
You will develop a deep understanding of our customers’ needs and behaviour and turn that insight into a prioritised product roadmap that meets their needs and improves the performance of the business. You will naturally use data to drive decisions and A/B testing/optimisation to drive incremental improvements and verify hypotheses.
We are investing for growth and this role is a part of an overall expansion that will increase our product, technical and marketing capability to scale the business more rapidly. This role will report directly to the CEO.
- LAMP stack with a HTML 5 / BootStrap front end
- CMS built upon Silex with Symfony components
- AWS hosted
- com is our current testing tool/SessionCam for customer insights
Our current methodology is agile Kanban (using Jira) but we’re always improving the way we work. You will have a strong voice in developing the processes and tools we use.
We’re the UK’s Number 1 Heating Oil Marketplace
For the 1.5 million UK homes who depend on oil for heating and hot water, Boilerjuice makes life easier. We help hundreds of thousands of them get a better price and a more convenient service by connecting them impartially with nearly all of the suppliers in the market.
We provide a valuable service and this, coupled with our excellent customer services means that we have high levels of loyalty and have opportunities to extend our relationship.
The business is profitable and is investing for growth; through increased market share in the UK, product enhancement and international expansion.
In this role, you will…
- Develop a prioritised roadmap based on business strategy and value for our consumer products including:
- Shop (additional product sales alongside fuel)
- My Boiler Service (a separate brand that offers service packages)
- Ensure that roadmap is well communicated and understood across the business.
- Create and deliver the detailed product backlog for the next three months
- Set up an excellent test/learn programme to drive incremental changes. Including a review of the tools used and an upgrade if necessary, plus setting up a dedicated cross-functional team (Product/Dev/Design) to allow rapid iteration.
- Enhance the usability of the site and app.
- Work with the tech team on delivery and to refine product planning and delivery processes.
- Work with the marketing team on our research and analytical agendas and to make sure that product launches are effective. Set up a customer panel to gather rapid feedback and help drive improvements that solve real customer issues.
- Work with the customer service, operations and supplier teams to make sure product launches are operationally seamless
Your success will be measured by…
- Conversion rates for key journeys
- Customer feedback and Trustpilot reviews
- Customer retention and lifetime value
- Sales of additional products and services
- Successful launches of new products
- Qualitive usability feedback from regular tests via Usertesting or similar, plus larger direct studies for major product changes
- A passion for building functional and engaging user experiences
- Five years experience in a consumer-facing digital product business. Proven experience driving eCommerce sales growth.
- At least 2 years in a product management role.
- Solid experience of working with software development teams and processes.
- Good understanding of business strategy and metrics.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights.
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience with A/B & MVT testing, website analytics, UX. Can develop and test hypotheses to improve conversion.
- A collaborative approach that’s effective in a cross-functional environment with an ability to bring out the best in people; to motivate, communicate and have fun.
Location – this role will be based in our London office near King’s Cross but will involve regular travel to St Ives (near Huntingdon)