The D. E. Shaw group seeks a product manager to join its Financial Operations Technology team to assist with the development and implementation of systems and processes. This team manages the technology that streamlines finance and operations functions, including Fund Accounting, Management Company Accounting, Accounts Payable, Management Reporting, Tax, and Payroll. The role offers the opportunity to be part of an inclusive, dynamic, and engaging working environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO DAY-TO-DAY:
You’ll work closely with business users, software developers, and quality engineers to conceptualize and develop solutions that improve current processes and systems. You’ll be responsible for understanding business needs, specifying technical requirements, prioritizing product roadmaps, and supporting existing applications. Ample opportunities will be provided to partner closely with global leaders on our information technology and finance and operations teams.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
• Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree or higher and three to five years of relevant work experience.
• The drive to be a self-starter, a willingness to dive into details, and the ability manage projects to completion are critical for this role.
• Applicants with a knack for solving open-ended problems and seeing how small details interrelate to impact the bigger picture (i.e., systems thinking) will excel in this role.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, an aptitude for translating the needs of non-technical systems users into technical requirements, and the judgment to exercise a high level of discretion with confidential information are also essential.
• Experience designing and implementing payroll or compensation systems is a significant plus.
Please note that this post is not an application. Please navigate to our website to apply: https://www.deshaw.com/recruit/jobs/Ads/WesternUni/SysAVadministratorOct2021
The members of the D. E. Shaw group do not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, caregiver status, or any other category protected by law. We are committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and are eager to hear from individuals having a wide range of backgrounds and personal characteristics.