Join us on our mission to become the UK’s favourite way to eat dinner! Gousto is one of the UK’s largest recipe box companies. In 2020 we tripled revenue, became profitable and reached unicorn status. We are a data company that loves food, with a tech team of 250+ people.
Your future Product Design team
Our customer-obsessed and insights-focused Product Design team is growing and evolving in size and capability, as our business grows. Product Design is embedded in our different tribes and squads, that touch every part of the end to end customer experience. Each tribe and squad is focused on solving different customer problems.
We focus on solving real customer problems in the best way for our customers, in close collaboration as part of cross-functional teams, throughout Discovery and Delivery. Pushing the boundaries of how we deliver experiences that our customers love and value, earning their trust and loyalty, and driving business value.
What you’ll be doing
If you enjoy being a hands-on User Research Manager, this is a great opportunity to utilise your skills as a practitioner in leadership. You’ll be building and developing the User Research team and driving user research across all our teams at Gousto.
This is a new role at Gousto, so you’ll play a key part in establishing the User Research practice as a centre of excellence. Customers are at the centre of all we do through generative and evaluative research, in both product discovery and delivery.
We love collaboration – as part of our wider Product team, user research also closely partners with data, insights, propositions and wider business teams to ensure a shared understanding and holistic view of evolving customer needs. You’ll onboard and manage third-party research partners and research tooling as part of your delivery.
You’ll need to enjoy utilising a broad range of qualitative and quantitative research methods as you’ll be setting strategy, direction and priorities for your team. This role will allow you to influence and embed user research as a strategic driver for our products and services via customer insights across the wider organisation.
You are passionate about solving problems on behalf of customers and have an inquisitive and empathetic mind.
You love building and directing a high performing user research practice in a fast-paced, collaborative and agile product environment.
You’re passionate about coaching, mentoring and nurturing user researchers in their career development.
You’re an expert User Research practitioner, with proven ability in strategizing, facilitation and execution of end to end user research programs within products and across customer experience, through generative and evaluative research.
You enjoy evaluating and synthesising quantitative and qualitative data, joining the dots between different research and data sets to derive meaningful actionable insights.
You can demonstrate where you’ve had a positive commercial impact on product strategy and development through user research.
What’s in it for you
- Flexible working policy, so you can work where it works!
- Highly engaged customers. Our customers love us and are incredibly willing to share and engage in research. This helps us to better understand their needs, wants, ideas, behaviours and feedback. Making gathering insights to help inform strategy and decision making easier.
- Fast-paced working. Working as part of product, with great product designers, product managers, engineers, data analysts and scientists, insights team, and lean thinking, we understand the problem fully, experiment and build in the most effective way to deliver value for our customers and the business. This improves feedback loops so we can create and deliver great experiences at pace!
- Highly passionate product culture. We are all working to become the best product and product design team in the UK. We use 121s, PDPs, weekly learning sessions, crits, collaboration time and a dedicated Product 10% to constantly develop and learn from each other.
- Find out more about our benefits, we’re evolving our benefits package as we grow – we recently added Life assurance!
Whether it is creating diversity in our recipes or building new teams, we care about our people and the opportunities they have at Gousto. We are committed to equality of opportunity across our organisation. At all levels we promote equality, ensuring our people are consistently treated in a fair and equal manner.
Sounds pretty tasty? Get in touch, we can’t wait to hear from you.