A fantastic opportunity to be part of a team that will develop a strategical direction to bring new products and services, while managing existing portfolio to lead an aggressive growth plan for the process analytics division of PAC, a Roper Technologies company which is a constituent of the S&P 500, Fortune 1000, and the Russell 1000 indices.
PAC is a global leader in analytical instrumentation for laboratory and online process applications in the Oil and Gas sector and also provides instrumentation to several high growth vertical markets. PAC has offices globally that develop, manufacture, sell and service a diverse range of state-of-the-art analytical equipment that are used in a wide range of applications that solve some of the most demanding measurement problems.
The Product Manager is responsible for product planning and execution. This includes managing the product throughout the Product Lifecycle – defining the product vision & roadmap, developing deep understanding of the customers, market dynamics and competitive landscape, formulating product strategy, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, and working closely with engineering to deliver winning products.
We are looking for candidates who excel in specific areas such as understanding finances related to a typical P&L, a strong understanding of developing and executing business strategy, an understanding of modern marketing concepts and be a persuasive communicator. You must be able to develop new concepts/MVPs that are based on customer insights, while also having the ability to develop growth strategies for existing products. Ultimately you will own the complete product life cycle of the products you manage. The successful candidate will have an exciting opportunity to make a real impact and difference to the organization, and to put their business acumen to the test.
In summary, we are looking for a candidate who understands strategy, finance and current marketing concepts.
- Develop deep understanding of the process analyzers in the Oil and Gas market segments through direct customer interaction, indirect market research and detailed data analysis
- Manage product and technology roadmap
Identify blue ocean opportunities for portfolio growth in petrochemical market segments
- Expand knowledge of Strategy through on-line training, reading, participation in consultant training
- Conduct in-depth analysis to develop product specifications to satisfy unmet needs in marketplace
- Be an integral part of the product development team to provide product management inputs
- Collaborate with sales, engineering, marketing, operations and service to develop product definitions
Product Life Cycle Management
- Develop and maintain product launch packages including but not limited to: product presentations, technical offers, white papers and competitive analysis materials
- Provide product training and technical support to internal business partner, sales, service and operations
- Participate and support efforts to position product within standard bodies (i.e. ASTM, ISO, etc.)May be asked to lead a team from multiple departments to drive company-centric goals
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Engineering/Physics/Chemistry or other related field/s; minimum requirement
- MBA and/or strong business acumen preferred
- Demonstrated success in defining and launching excellent products
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Strong background in the hydrocarbon process industry and operations is a plus
- Minimum 3 years of experience in product management within technology-oriented organization/s
- Language: Excellent oral, written, verbal interpersonal and presentation communication skills in national language and English language. Must be fluent in English, bilingual or multilingual a plus.
- Work Skills: Solid data analysis and organizational skills
- Computer Skills: Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office products, persuasive presentation skills including the ability to explain technical and business topics
- Business Expertise: Comfortable with business strategy, portfolio prioritization, go to market strategy, pricing methodologies applications, tracking key performance indicators, understanding financial metrics
- Strategy – Opportunity identification, playing to win, five forces analysis, industry analysis, value mapping
- Finance – Reading, analyzing and interpreting financial statements, Cost & profit drivers, Pricing optimization,
- Valuation using Discounted Cash Flow, Capital allocation
- Marketing – Segmentation & targeting, 4Ps, 5Cs, primary & secondary market research techniques such as conjoint analysis, value proposition document development, understanding of customer behavior and their buying process in B2B, understanding of brand & brand equity
- Customer Experience Grounding: Ability to design customer-centric experiences throughout customer decision journey
- Market Orientation: Ability to deeply understand market trends, partner ecosystems, and competitive strategies
- Technical Skills: Ability to go deep on technology trends, road maps, and influencing product development life-cycle
- Soft Skills: Ability to communicate with a diverse audience (especially in B2B set up) in an accessible and persuasive manner. Ability to influence change throughout the organization
- Enabler: Innovation oriented. Comfortable with test-and-learn culture. Flexibility and open to disruptive concepts.
Travel: Ability to travel 25% -50% both domestic and international. Must be able to travel to oil and gas production facilities and refineries. Can qualify to obtain a TWIC card for specific refineries/terminal locations.
We are committed to the protection and promotion of your privacy. In connection with your application for employment with us at PAC, please click on this link to view our Applicant Privacy Notice. https://www.paclp.com/about-pac/careers/view
Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement
Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, if not currently employed by Company (subject to reasonable accommodation for those who cannot receive a COVID-19 vaccination due to a medical/disability or religious reason.) If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential.
PAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.