Are you eager to work with smart people with wide variety of talents and has strong strategic bent of mind for product leadership? If the answer is yes, then we are looking forward to hearing from you. Our ideal candidate thrives when being challenged, is enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced environment and naturally takes leadership role to build globally successful products.
Our purpose is: ‘moving the world forward, safely & sustainably’. PAC is a leading global provider of advanced analytical instruments for laboratories and online process applications in HPI (hydrocarbon processing industries) in upstream, midstream and downstream. To provide its customers with cutting edge technology, PAC leverages significant R&D resources to support its core technologies, including viscosity, distillation, evaporation procedures, densitometry, jet fuel related testing, as well as interact with other PAC technologies such as chromatography, elemental analysis, physical properties, ultrasonic, fluorescence, spectroscopy, and microscopy/video imaging. PAC operates as a unit of Roper Technologies, Inc. a diversified growth company and a constituent of the S&P 500, Fortune 1000, and the Russell 1000 indices.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for product planning and execution for a portfolio of products. This includes managing the product throughout the Product Lifecycle – defining the product vision & roadmap, developing deep understanding of the customers, market dynamics and competitive landscape, formulating product strategy, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, and working closely with engineering to deliver winning products. This position is designed to create opportunity for an experienced product manager to join the team, quickly build understanding about the business and be promoted to the product leadership position to manage a team of product managers.
We are looking for candidates who excel in areas such as a fundamental understanding of finances related to a typical profit and loss statement, a strong understanding and working knowledge of developing and executing business strategy, an understanding of modern marketing concepts and be a persuasive communicator. This position will interact with all aspects of this company where strong communication skills are highly regarded.
In summary, we are looking for a candidate who has strong product leadership skills and understands strategy, finance, and current marketing concepts.
- Strategy – Opportunity identification, playing to win, five forces analysis, industry analysis, value mapping
- Finance – Reading, analyzing and interpreting financial statements, Cost & profit drivers, Pricing optimization, Valuation using Discounted Cash Flow, Capital allocation
- Marketing – Segmentation & targeting, 4Ps, 5Cs, primary & secondary market research techniques such as conjoint analysis, value proposition document development, understanding of customer behavior and their buying process in B2B, understanding of brand & brand equity
- A Learner
- Is self-assured
- Has empathy
- Persuasive Communication & Negotiation – up, down and lateral, both external & internal.
- Influencing without a formal authority – across many functions (strategy, engineering, marketing, sales, operations, service, channel partners, etc.)
- Ability to see the big picture and be able to dive deep into the details of execution at the same time.
- Really good at communicating and observing customers to unravel unarticulated, unmet & high-priority needs
- Has proven capability in mobilizing a large group of people to rally behind a strategy and creating results through aligned deployment of that strategy
- Develop deep understanding of the HPI market segments through direct customer interaction, indirect market research and detailed data analysis
- Manage product and technology roadmap
- Identify blue ocean opportunities for portfolio growth in petrochemical market segments
- Expand knowledge of business strategy through on-line training, reading, participation in consultant training
- Conduct in-depth analysis to develop product specifications to satisfy unmet needs in marketplace
- Be an integral part of the product development team to provide product management inputs
- Collaborate with sales, engineering, marketing, operations and service to drive product growth and profitability
- Product Life Cycle Management
- Develop and maintain product launch packages including but not limited to: product presentations, technical offers, white papers and competitive analysis materials
- Provide product training and technical support to internal business partner, sales, service and operations
- Participate and support efforts to position product within standard bodies (i.e. ASTM, ISO, etc.)
- Familiarity to the value chain of the HPI is a big plus
- Defend the product line but make it stronger and more profitable by challenging the status quo.
- Always focus on reducing cost to help maintain/grow margins as well as encourage selling the value of the product
Personality & Mindset
- Strong bias towards action by understanding the customer’s goals.
- Strong team commitment and always push yourself to achieve stretch goals
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or higher in Engineering or another related field/s; minimum requirement
- MBA and/or strong business acumen preferred
- Strong background in the hydrocarbon process industry and operations is a plus
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in product management within technology-oriented organization(s)
- Language: Excellent oral, written, verbal interpersonal and presentation communication skills in national language and
- English language. Must be fluent in English, bilingual or multilingual a plus.
- Work Skills: Solid data analysis and organizational skills
- Computer Skills: Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office products, persuasive presentation skills including the ability to explain technical and business topics
- Customer Experience Grounding:
- Demonstrate ability to design customer-centric experiences throughout customer decision journey
- Show ability to deeply understand market trends, partner ecosystems, and competitive strategies
- Innovation oriented. Comfortable with test-and-learn culture. Flexibility and open to disruptive concepts.
- May be asked to lead a team(s) from multiple departments to drive company-centric goals
Travel: Ability to travel 25% -50% both domestic and international. Must be able to travel to refinery and petrochemical complexes globally, especially in Asia and Middle East. Can qualify to obtain a TWIC card for specific refineries/terminal locations.
We are committed to the protection and promotion of your privacy. In connection with your application for employment with us at PAC, please click on this link to view our Applicant Privacy Notice. https://www.paclp.com/about-pac/careers/view
Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement
Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, if not currently employed by Company (subject to reasonable accommodation for those who cannot receive a COVID-19 vaccination due to a medical/disability or religious reason.) If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential.
PAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.