Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage $750 billion of assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Silicon Valley, New York, Chicago, and Salt Lake City.
As a Product Manager at Addepar, you are responsible for building the tools that are transforming the finance industry. Product Managers at Addepar sit at the intersection of software development, design, and business strategy. We shape high-level product goals but also get our hands dirty. On an average day, you might pitch a concept to senior leadership, create a launch plan with marketing, conduct user research, prototype a new feature, iterate on a PRD, analyze usage data, and pair with an engineer on implementation. We have ultimate responsibility for understanding our client needs, influencing business strategy, feature specification, and working with engineering to develop our software.
The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial-minded and thrives in a fast-paced and goal-driven environment. You have outstanding communication and collaboration skills and are able to work with a diverse group, get consensus, and drive the product forward. You are execution focused and emphasize getting things done while paying attention to important details. You have several years of experience building software products and taking ideas through conception, development, launch, and adoption. You are passionate about using technology to solve problems in a user-centric way. You have a passion for the fintech industry and want to solve the problems of investment reporting, advisor communication, data aggregation, investment analysis, product design, and enterprise enablement.
- Own the vision and roadmap of one of Addepar’s feature sets including portfolio analysis and insights, enterprise tools, data management, and client communication
- Prioritize potential projects through demonstrating their alignment with our business strategy and the value to our current or future users
- Communicate that prioritization to other stakeholders in the company and drive consensus on the path forward
- Work closely with engineering, design, content, QA, and business team members on business cases, feature requirements, development, release, launch, and adoption
- Understand Addepar’s strategic position and deliver innovative products that align with this strategy
- Work directly with out clients to unearth pain points and understand their most pressing needs
- Communicate with the rest of the company the how and why for features
- 3+ years of product management experience at an enterprise software company (or similarly complex product)
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills – interface with our clients as well as internal stakeholders: fellow product managers, product designers, technical writers, engineers, sales, deployments, client success, and product marketing
- Passion for the finance and technology space and solving the problems of our customers in the wealth advisory and asset management space
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to build strong data-driven arguments, prioritize with business strategy in mind, and evangelize projects to build consensus within an organization
- Experience with user-centric design – solve our current and prospective users problems with a focus on jobs-to-be-done
- Proven track record of execution over the whole product management lifecycle: design, development, launch, and adoption
- Experience working with enterprise-level client software with an emphasis on client communication, relationship management, web portals, or similar
- Preferred : understanding of basic finance and investing concepts is a plus, but not required