Product Manager – Premium Products
Location: i Headquarters – London
In return for their energy and ideas we ensure our people are well rewarded. Our benefits package increases the longer you’ve been with us. Here’s what to expect:
- 25 days’ holiday (increasing by 1 per year up to a total of 30)
- Upon joining you will be automatically enrolled onto the Pension Plan at the minimum level of 5% employee contribution, 3% Company contribution.
- Life cover under the Pension Plan of up to 3x your basic salary.
- DMGT Discounts (for discounts on online shopping, vouchers and reloadable cards)
- Subsidised canteen
- Onsite gym (Northcliffe House only)
- Onsite nurse and GP clinics (Northcliffe House only)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted dining cards
Plus many other benefits….
DMG Media are home to some of the UK’s most renowned and loved media brands. As we look to build our technology and product teams to meet the challenges and opportunities of digital publishing. We are now seeking an ambitious and curious product manager to help join us at the start of this exciting journey
For this role you will be working primarily on the I-News digital products and a new exciting start -up venture called the Knowledge.
Your focus will be very much on content and data and supporting the product function in execution of our ambitious plans for digital growth and digital engagement. You will thrive in data driven decision making, love ambiguity and use research and data to help answer key business and customer questions to build new features and improve our digital products. With a customer focus you will enjoy working on premium CX experiences that you can test out and launch into market ready products.
At 10 years old, i is Britain’s youngest national newspaper and website. We publish reporting, opinion and in-depth features for an intelligent audience. Growing in influence and profitable, in 2020 i was named Britain’s most trusted national news brand (PAMCo), Daily Newspaper of the Year (London Press Club) and News Website of the Year (Online Media Awards). i now has an opportunity to grow again with investment in our original journalism under new owners – so we are looking to recruit to our ambitious editorial team.
- Being the first point of contact for all product queries relating to the I-News digital products
- Leading and promoting a data driven approach to product development
- Managing the day-to-day product backlog
- Defining the platform roadmaps
- Prioritising stories and features with the relevant stakeholders
- Correctly tooling the product in line with the CTO’s product vision
- Working closely with our data analysis team to help develop data driven product decisions to prioritise roadmaps with the greatest business outcomes
- Working closely with UX and UI to delivery fantastic end-to-end user journeys
- Implementing test and learn work flows across multiple touch points
- Build an excellent relationship with delivery and development teams to ensure the programme is built out according to required deadlines and budgets
- Bring a positive and energetic force in the organisation in delivering best practice
- Earn the respect of senior members of other disciplines
- Be the voice of our users and use data to influence decision making
- Growing the user base of the platform
- Competitor research and ways of working to find new opportunities
- Work on projects as required by the Senior Product Manager
- 3-4 years solid working as a digital product manager in publishing, media or consumer business working on end to end product life-cycle
- Product management on app products essential
- Ability to analyse performance or customer data and use it to inform new features or optimise existing feature-sets
- Experience of working on subscription products and launching new products into market highly desirable
- Experience of working with designers and UX teams to build out excellent customer experience journeys
- Experience of running agile sprints using JIRA to manage sprints and track progress from discovery to execution
- Good time management and eye for detail.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and be proactive in suggesting ideas and solutions to test
- Experience writing user stories and presenting roadmaps and recommendations to wider stakeholder groups
dmg media’s brands deliver highly engaging, trusted content to millions of loyal customers around the globe, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Together, Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday, Metro, i, MailOnline, Mail Plus, metro.co.uk and inews.co.uk reach more than 11m people daily in the UK.* Globally, our brands reach 180m unique browsers every month.** In March 2021, the business acquired the world’s leading science title, New Scientist.
dmg media’s newsbrands are expert at getting to the bottom of the stories most relevant to their readers.
*PAMCo 1 2020 ** Omniture April 2021
We are committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
We are Disability Confident Committed. Please let us know if you require any recruitment documentation in other formats or if you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process. Please be assured that any such information will be held separately to your recruitment application and will not be considered as part of the selection process.