Life at Elvie – Meaningful work. Exceptional people
At Elvie, we don’t believe women’s bodies are the problem. Instead, we believe the problem is that the needs of women’s bodies – and therefore, lives – have been ignored, misunderstood, and underestimated.
How do we like to work?
You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve tough problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
We’re deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
We’re fearless – We tackle taboos and break boundaries, requiring sensitivity and courage.
We’re innovators – We are passionate, curious and data-driven. We are constantly learning how to work smarter, faster and better. Always embracing change and innovation.
We’re in it together – Together, we are constantly learning, embracing change and seeking innovation, whilst having fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager. You will be working in a fast paced, innovative, and collaborative environment and will be responsible for clearly understanding business needs and articulating the Voice of our Customers to the hardware & software engineering teams, data scientists, designers and researchers.
You’ll need to be ready to hit the ground running. With 3 products launched, more markets opening up and many new ideas that need to become a reality, there’s plenty to get involved with.
We will look to you and your experience to help us develop products that we’re proud of because you put the user at the centre of the design process and ensure we take a holistic view of the product experience. You will be guiding the development of both hardware and software elements, with exposure working throughout the product lifecycle from NPI to maintenance in market.
The Day to Day of the role:
● As a Senior Product Manager your main focus will be to understand our customers’ experience, keep up to speed on market trends and translate them into a clearly defined and appropriately prioritised product roadmap. You will be required to gain buy in and support from different teams.
● You will be able to work independently and be able to guide product development. As a Senior Product Manager you will be involved in setting the product vision and ensuring that the product team delivers on it. You will be leading the charge to make products that delight our users, helping the team navigate through the decisions and inevitable compromise of turning ideas to reality.
● As a senior member of the Product Management team you will be able to offer advice and guidance to other members of the team, whether they are working on the same projects as you or not.
User Champion – You are the voice of the user inside the company. You will:
● Need to get under the skin of our users. Using data to draw insights and working closely with our product researchers, you’ll be setting research objectives and involved in conducting user research, learning about customer needs first hand
● Translate customer needs into product shaping information, writing user stories and user requirements and briefing relevant teams
● Engage with User Research, Insights and Customer care to derive value from existing studies and articulate needs for new studies.
● Communicate user needs and product plans to a variety of audiences. You must be able to sell the dream and fight the user’s corner
Development Guide – working across hardware and software teams to deliver one cohesive product experience in line with the vision. You will:
● Set complex short and long-term strategies with far reaching impact for an entire product family.
● Actively work to evolve your roadmap, identifying next steps and new opportunities based on takeaways, objectives and insights, while making sure the product vision is a constant throughout
● Be responsible for successfully evolving your product line, in close collaboration with the engineering team, insights, design and development team, reporting to the product lead.
● Take ownership of the full development cycle and with your team identify, define, plan, implement and follow-up initiatives towards shared objectives and roadmap prioritisation.
● Be balancing tensions in requirements and deciding with the team what compromise is acceptable throughout the product development journey
● Join stand-ups with our app dev teams and design engineer catch-ups
● Stay on top of what our competitors are up to and the results they are getting, and where valuable and relevant, use this to inform our product development
● Drive feature refinement sessions towards a cross-functional team of insights, design, and engineering.
● Ensure the team understands the vision and strategy; collaborate with engineering to break down and prioritize the work into a backlog and brief and manage the development of design work. You will use Jira to manage app development and Asana for in-house designers (SD/UX/UI)
● Problem Solver – hungry to make things better and up for the challenge of tackling unknowns. You:
● Are curious and questioning – not afraid to ask questions to ensure we identify root causes not symptoms, so that we design the right solutions
● Will be able to juggle the day to day, whilst also seeing the bigger picture, so that you can identify and focus on the most pressing challenges with appropriate effort
● Are driven to make things better and push for quality outcomes for the user. But you know also know when is “good enough”
● Will identify opportunities to improve existing processes and tools, and introduce new ones to support the scaling up of development work
● Stakeholder Manager – you can work with a variety of different people, personalities and business units seamless balancing needs, hearing and being heard. You:
● Will bring people on the journey of feature and product development with you, judging who needs to be kept informed about what, without adding unnecessary noise.
● Are a good listener and make sure people feel heard, but that doesn’t mean you’re a pushover!
● Will hear a muddle of different perspectives and be able to analyse the situation and pick a path forwards acknowledging the compromise taken.
● Will manage change: you’ll get buy-in from stakeholders, and lead the implementation, using data to understand and improve iteratively
● You will mentor and guide the work of other product managers within the team
● Able to distill complex information into easy-to-understand concepts and understand how to lead the team through ambiguity.
● Partner with teams across Elvie to share and stay up to date on initiatives and direction that impacts
● Actively engage with the other Product Managers within the team to identify new opportunities, investigate feasibility, and synchronise and lead cross team initiatives on the product.
● You have proven experience as a senior product manager, working with consumer digital or connected products
● Comfortable working with remote development teams in agile framework
● Preferably time with a startup that has gone through the scaling process
● Demonstrable experience in modern user testing, tech product development, and agile project management processes and tools (e.g Google Analytics, Jira)
● Experience in evolving products in the market.
● Excellent written and spoken English
● Interest in women, health, connected products and all things tech
● A huge drive to help Elvie reach the next level, and to develop yourself into a leader ● An ability to set expectations and stay calm and positive under pressure
● Driven to get stuff done, but with a collaborative approach. You understand that we don’t win unless the team wins, and you leave ego out of it.
● Have experience analyzing data and insights to understand and determine impact to user and drive
● Can define success metrics for feature iteration and communicate your rationale clearly
● Helpful to have experience with hardware products
Note: you must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this role.
Elvie is at the crest of a wave! Founded by women’s health expert Tania Boler and tech entrepreneur Alex Asseily, Elvie is a collection of bright and motivated team members working across the business to shape the emerging femtech industry.
We are passionate about creating disruptive products that address the challenges that matter most to women and dismantling the taboos around women’s bodies. Here, you can be part of a business and brand that has a positive and meaningful impact on the world, while learning a great deal and having fun.
What are some of the perks of working at Elvie?
We are looking after you. As well as the chance to develop products with real work impact and working with dedicated and passionate colleagues, our benefits have flexibility and wellbeing in mind with:
- Flexible work environment built on trust and autonomy
- Employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Annual personal development allowance & unlimited access to our learning & development platform
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme with SmartPension
- A tax-efficient charity donation scheme
- Life Insurance with Yulife
- Medical, Dental & Optical cash-plan
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Generous employee referral program
- Cycle Scheme & Tech Scheme
- YuLife Well-being app & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
At Elvie, we believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. We are a family-friendly employer with a culture based on trust, autonomy and flexibility, and are working on making our offices wheelchair friendly and breastfeeding friendly. We do our best to accommodate part-time requests and flexible requests as much as possible. We are also a member of UK Tech Talent Charter and proudly working in partnership with myGwork and Women’s tech hub.