We are a fast-growing consulting and data science company dedicated to improving healthcare and supporting the adoption of innovation.
Our Data Innovation Lab helps clients solve some of the biggest challenges in healthcare today by designing creative solutions, building meaningful products and developing powerful models that improve outcomes for both patients and entire communities.
We are proud of our work and the recognition we have received. We won this year’s Health Service Journal (HSJ) Partnership Awards for Best Healthcare Analytics Project for the NHS, marking our fourth consecutive year as a shortlisted finalist. We were also Highly Commended at last year’s MCA Awards for Change and Transformation in the Public Sector.
Our Data Innovation Lab team is looking to add a Product Manager to direct the design, development, launch and maintenance of a small portfolio of interactive tools and products for our healthcare clients across both public and private sectors
The Senior Technical Product Manager will partner with our data scientists, data engineers and software developers to explore, establish and champion tools that help healthcare clients gain insights to make effective decisions. As a strong communicator, this person will oversee engagement with clients, users and stakeholders, leading product strategy, feature prioritisation and deployment operations.
This PM must thrive in an agile development environment and be comfortable navigating stand-ups, sprint planning sessions and retrospectives. They will draw upon CF’s deep healthcare expertise and identify ways to transform data available through the NHS and Life Sciences sectors into compelling deliverables that can lead to strong and sustainable commercial opportunities.
What might a typical day include?
- Holding focus groups, user interviews or drop in sessions with prospective users of a tool
- Receiving, responding to and prioritising feature requests and bugs for an existing tool
- Analysing product KPIs and success metrics and making appropriate changes
- Working with our team to develop wireframes of new product ideas and conducting initial tests with users
- Plan and refine the backlog with the team to ensure the work is aligned with product roadmap
- Recommending improvements to the onboarding process of users based on user feedback
- Doing basic Data Analysis to find out about data availability for a new product or feature
- Crafting and facilitating training sessions for new tool releases
- Reading industry news on recent product launches, use cases and best practices
- Designing and maintaining a product roadmap with timelines for technical development
- Setting scope and timeline expectations across stakeholders
Some of our recent projects have included:
- Launching an interactive tool to explore inequalities in Covid-19 vaccine distribution
- Predicting COVID demand and capacity across hospitals throughout the London region
- Developing and releasing planning software to optimise distribution of the flu vaccine
- Building a tool to show how service changes might impact patient travel times
- Creating new visualisation to understand the bottlenecks in outpatient clinical pathways
- Generating an automatic analysis suite for rapid diagnostics of geographic areas
- You will have substantial experience working on the design, development and launch of products, with at least 2 years in a product manager role. Formal credentialing preferred.
- You possess strong domain knowledge in product, at once familiar with agile ways of working, confident in best practices for product development and deployment, and effective in managing strong delivery with distributed teams.
- You have worked as a technical member of an engineering team
- You understand Software Engineering workflow and architecture design
- You know how to do basic Data Analysis using SQL or equivalent
- You are an expert communicator and influencer, able to collaborate effectively with others to ensure the sensible development and implementation of a product strategy.
- You can effectively manage team’s backlog and prioritise work according to agreed deliverables
- You put users first, with clear ways of engaging effectively to identify top needs and pain points and can pair that insight with client’s business needs and objectives.
- You effectively balance strategy (including being highly analytical and data-driven) and operations (with a bias toward action and delivery).
- You are flexible, excited to work in a small, start-up like environment within a healthcare consultancy, whilst partnering with some of the largest healthcare players in the UK.
- You believe in and already live by our values and feel motivated by the impact our work has on the health and wellbeing of people and populations across the UK and beyond.
What is our commitment to Diversity & inclusion?
We are committed to building an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all our people can excel. We only recruit, promote and reward our people based on their skills and contribution, without regard to gender, race, disability, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or other characteristics.
- Holiday entitlement: 25 days/year in addition to all bank holidays; after two years’ service this would increase to 27 days; after four years’ service this would increase to 32 days; after six years’ service this would increase to 35 days
- Ability to work fully remote for up to 4 weeks a year
Annual leave purchase: employees with less than 35 days annual leave entitlement can purchase additional annual leave days
- Income protection amounting to 75% replacement of your salary in the event of long-term incapacity, as a result of a qualifying claim
- Enhanced sick pay benefit beyond SSP for up to a total 12 weeks in any 12-month period
- Life insurance covering four times your basic salary in a tax-free lump sum payable to your beneficiaries in the event of your death whilst in service
- An Employee Assistance and Wellness Program including access to telephone counselling, life coaching, interactive tools online and digital content downloadable from Lifeworks
- Free access to seasonal flu jabs provided by Boots
Eye care vouchers for eye tests and discounts towards glasses at Vision Express
- Access to workplace nursery scheme to help working parents save tax and NI on the cost of the nursery care
- Enhanced family leave policies
- Access to an interest-free season ticket loan, repayable by 12 monthly instalments
- Access to the ride to work scheme, saving up to 42% on bikes and cycling accessories at Evans Cycles
- Access to ClassPass a monthly fitness membership that provides access to thousands of different studios, gyms, and wellness at a discounted rate