PEAR has smart training systems that coach you in real time, creating the ultimate workout experience, inspiring you to reach your goals. PEAR is the leader in real time audio coaching from your smartphone or smartwatch. Imagine running along with your private coach giving you personalized tips on how to improve your fitness.. We work as a nimble cohesive team to provide the best experience for our users. Pear is dedicated to learning, discovery and personal empowerment. PEARr focuses on teamwork, team building and a supportive attitude among its team. In late 2021, PEAR acquired Aaptiv, a leading provider of premium digital health to grow its reach in the consumer market.
Aaptiv is a leading provider of premium digital health and wellness content with a fast-growing community of over 100,000 members who take on average 20,000 of Aaptiv’s exclusive classes each day across 15 categories. With a mission to empower everyone to live a healthier life, Aaptiv has transformed the way people exercise and train through its innovative use of sound. Every Aaptiv class combines the guiding voice of an expert Aaptiv trainer with motivating music by top artists in every genre. This audio-based format eliminates distractions, allowing members to focus on their fitness goals, when and where it suits them. With the recent introduction of video workouts in the strength, stretching, yoga, Pilates, and barre categories, members have a new way to connect to the workouts and trainers they know and love.
At Aaptiv, we’re building a fitness platform that enables us to develop long-term and personal relationships with users based on their data profiles. By analyzing user behavior patterns, we are able to both create and recommend content customized to specific fitness levels and interests.
Want to join our team? We’re looking for people who are passionate about building a world-class fitness experience. There are over 80 million Americans who value fitness – and we believe every one of them should be an Aaptiv user.
About the Role
To help us continue to grow our offerings, we’re in search of an experienced product manager to lead our multi-disciplinary development team. As an ideal candidate, you will have a keen eye for gaps in consumer product offerings and the innovative mindset to fill them. You’re a highly skilled market analyst with a proven ability to strategize the full lifecycle of product development — from conception through release. You will guide cross-functional teams in the successful creation of products that improve consumer experience and grow market share. You will also have a close relationship with Aaptiv members, and can understand their needs and desires and translate those into a roadmap.
This is a unique opportunity to play a major role in shaping the future of a product that helps hundreds of thousands of people to achieve their fitness goals, improve their health, and feel great about themselves. You’ll play an integral role in formulating product strategy and vision, lead the development of exciting new features, and help us to improve the existing experience.
- Drive the execution of all product lifecycle processes including product research, market research, competitive analysis, planning, positioning, roadmap development, requirements development, and product launch
- Work with engineering and design teams to translate product strategy into detailed requirements for prototype construction and final product development
- Collaborate closely with engineering, production, marketing, and sales teams on the development, QA, and release of products
- Appraise new product ideas and strategize appropriate to-market plans
- Identify customer pain points and gaps in the market through qualitative and quantitative research/analysis
- Define, monitor, and analyze metrics for launched products, and feed learnings back into the design and development processes
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to maintain, prioritize, and iterate on a backlog/roadmap
- 3+ years of product management experience in a consumer facing product (bonus points for mobile products)
- Proven experience overseeing all elements of the product development lifecycle
- Experience working with designers to create UI/UX which optimizes user engagement
- Previous experience delivering finely-tuned product marketing strategies
- Are passionate about bringing an excellent fitness experience to people all over the world
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills (experience with SQL is strongly preferred)