foodora – bringing good food into your everyday!
foodora is a Berlin-based food delivery service that partners exclusively with beloved local restaurants to deliver quality meals in 19 countries around the globe. We know the best that our cities offer and we’re bringing it online, enabling our customers to order their favourite food through our app (for iOS or Android) or web portal. We provide our restaurant-partners with an on-demand fleet of bicycle couriers, making it simple for customers around the world to access delicious meals.
We’re currently expanding through Europe, Asia, Canada and Australia and we are always on the hunt for the brightest minds to join our team. Not only do we want to bring quality food to customers around the world, we also want to redefine delivery food to include the very best meals from beloved local restaurants.
We are currently looking to make several hires – Lead, Senior & Mid-Level Product Designera (m/f) for our Berlin HQ!
- Collaborate with cross functional teams with the common goal to improve our product on a daily basis (with focus either on discovery or ordering part of user journey)
- Being responsible for design workload within assigned cross functional team
- Leading whole design process within the squad (from researches, benchmarking, ideation, wireframing, user testing, UI design, hand off to devs till QA implementing design
- Delivering user centric solutions for all platforms (iOS, android, responsive web)
- Allocating time for self-development – preparing workshops, writing design articles, creating design exercises.
- For senior product designer: supporting other team members with your skills, experience and knowledge
- 5+ years (for senior position), 3+ years (for mid-level) of experience in product design in a consumer-focused, high performance organization
- Outstanding visual skills transformed into pleasing, easy to use and meaningful interfaces that communicate well
- Self-driven personality with proactive attitude
- A current portfolio with examples of user-centric design (android, iOS, responsive web), e-commerce platform preferred
- Experience in practicing design thinking, agile and lean startup methods
- Fluency in working with Sketch (this is an absolute MUST HAVE!) Bohemian Coding, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision
- A university degree in interaction design, industrial design, visual design or psychology, sociology or anything related to cognition, perception and user behaviour
- Ability to maintain a structured working style in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Pixel perfect eye
- Results focused, keeping an eye on the overall outcome and desired impact
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English required
- Enthusiastic team player who empowers team members and motivates them
- HTML, CSS knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of prototyping tools like principle, origami, flinto is a plus
- Illustrating skills (iconography) is a plus
What We Offer:
- A modern office in the heart of Berlin, close to amazing restaurants and bars. Inside the walls of this office you’ll find:
- Squad structure of Product+Tech departments – working in one of 8 cross functional team all together with Product Owner, Tech Lead, iOS, android, backend and frontend developers, QA and TA
- Being part of growing design team (currently 5) with responsibility from day one in an innovative and rapidly expanding tech business
- Design breakfast – space for designers to share ideas, talk about blockers and do creative exercises.
- Regular workshops to broaden your skills (tools:origami, designing with accessibility, internationalization of design, UX best practices, etc.)
- Design books library
- Regular office parties and exciting team events
- And a bunch of cool extras including a kicker table, table tennis and a playstation room, as well as free language classes and of course a monthly corporate discount for foodora!
In order to be considered, please include a portfolio with examples of work covering UI and UX. A cover letter is not required.