WhenThen is a venture-backed startup on a mission to help internet companies create fast and flexible payment flows in minutes, without code!
Our culture encapsulates some key elements such as working in a smart, collaborative and problem-solving way, always looking out for each other and doing well by doing good. It’s how we think and act every single day!
If you’re intrigued by “what if anything could trigger a transaction, and a transaction could trigger anything”, then join WhenThen and help us build the most innovative payment platform in the world. And power businesses of all types and sizes to transact with their customers in the ways they want.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Are you ready to make a move and want to join a growing team who have unrivalled experience in building world class payments solutions?
We are looking for someone who’s great at agile product management and gets excited about putting proper product processes in place for a strategy that has been determined by the VP of Product. You’ll be responsible for end to end research, prototyping, validation, building and enhancement of a critical set of features and products that make WhenThen great.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Lead and mentor a team of Product Managers
Establish and nurture an agile product management environment
- Defining short- and long-term vision and roadmap for your product group and be responsible for executing it
- Empathize with WhenThen engineers, collaborate on technical decisions with infrastructure teams, and help set a technology vision with your engineering partners.
- Work closely with the VP of Product to execute on the vision
- Work closely with engineering teams to collaborate and work cohesively
- Build out and implement agile product management best practices
- This role will have a strong focus on execution and building best practices in a rapidly scaling environment.
- Identify both strategic opportunities and potential threats associated with emerging technologies and execute product management plans to ensure best-in-class solutions
- Continuously appraise effectiveness of product management organization through objective metrics for improvement and recommend/implement changes
- Prioritize, direct and appraise the activities of product managers, business analysts and other team members to build software solutions that exceed customer expectations
- Ensure that product architecture and technology decisions support emerging trends, corporate strategies and future direction of the products and solutions
- Prioritize and manage resource allocation for the products/solutions based on changing business priorities, direction and budget
YOU MAY BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE/ARE
- A degree in computer science/ engineering
Excellent verbal and written communication and are able to inspire and motivate customers, team members and other exec leaders
- Curious and passionate about finding solutions to customer problems
- Open, collaborative, and take initiative
WE NEED YOU TO HAVE
- 5+ years in a similar role
- Experience leading a team of Product Managers
- Experience managing products in the payments/fintech/eCommerce space
- Experience managing agile teams in a continuous integration environment, building multiple products on a shared, modular platform and delivering sophisticated products with high quality and predictable schedules
- Strong knowledge of and passion for implementing product management best practices and processes
- Proven product leadership and the ability to make decisions without perfect information
WHAT WE OFFER
- Salary – Attractive competitive remuneration
Competitive stock options – Joining WhenThen means you’ll own a part of the company
- Remote and flexible working – Work from home or any location with ease and flexibility
- Team – Passionate hard-working and dedicated colleagues
- Technology – Some cool tech to allow you to do your best work
- Self-development – Annual professional development allowance
- Company retreats – Company retreats (to really nice places!)
4 day work weeks – we’re piloting a 4 day work week affording our team the time to rejuvenate and in turn boosting productivity
WhenThen is an employer that provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation.