Are you an experienced product manager, looking for an industry-defining SaaS product to get your teeth stuck into? If so, we want to meet you!
With a data-driven approach and a deep-rooted love of software development – your creativity and innovation will generate new product ideas, design specifications and ultimately be the key driver behind the successful execution of product delivery. This is a unique opportunity to fully own and drive the end-to-end success of an innovative industry-disrupting product.
We’re looking for a product powerhouse, who’s expertise can take our roadmap and product to the next level. Managing Duel’s full product lifecycle, you’ll lead the way and ensure that the product is immaculately built to be recognised as the leading Brand Advocacy Platform on the market.
Duel was founded by world-record-breaking adventurer and former brand ambassador Paul Archer, alongside viral games developer Naio Tsarouchis. They set out to develop both the technology and methodology that enables purpose-led brands to drive organic growth, powered by real communities of advocates.
We’re on a mission to create and own the Brand Advocacy category of marketing and fulfill our purpose of tipping the focus from shareholder return to people and the planet. We want everyone to win, brand and customer alike.
Duel’s Brand Advocacy Platform allows mid-level to enterprise brands to do just that – scaling how they manage their relationships with thousands of advocates and brand ambassadors. This unprecedented ability to manage their communities is built around programs that engage and retain customers, accelerating word-of-mouth sales.
The team is made up of psychologists, brand experts and community builders from companies including Amazon, Treatwell, Bain and Lululemon. The platform is used by brands such as Monica Vinader, Charlotte Tilbury, Rab, BeautyPie, KUHL, Tropicfeel and many more.
Duel is also especially proud of being featured in Gartner’s ‘Cool Vendor’ Retail Marketing category.
Within this role, you’ll get under the hood of the Duel platform. Through understanding of the product, the competitive landscape and brand needs – working with the wider Agile product team, you’ll build out Duel’s product & feature roadmap to ensure seamless product functionality.
- You will be responsible for thinking about the product’s business case, market potential and working through the technical aspects of delivering a product to market.
- Product Leadership
- Owning the products strategic direction through a deep understanding of the market and Brand Partner needs, in line with Duel’s mission and vision.
- You’ll be the key point person throughout the entire product lifecycle (product strategy, to go-to-market)
- You’ll initiate initial scoping and develop product roadmaps/new features to ensure seamless product functionality
- Using Jira, you’ll spec out all our new features to give our amazing team a clearer understanding of what needs to be built and the why behind it
- Working with the Brand Partner team to define key features, specifications and requirements of the product based on customer need – you’ll also help drive customer platform adoption through users activation, retention and overall lifecycle
- Assisting in Duel’s Product Marketing Operations to build and execute a content strategy that drives awareness and inbound interest around the product
Oversee Quality Assurance – Defining, developing and deploying quality assurance initiatives throughout the entire software life cycle, including development, enhancements or maintenance
Drive customer platform adoption through users activation, retention and overall lifecycle
- Staying up to date on industry standards by conducting Market Research to ensure product roadmap is in line with market needs and trends – including performing competitor analysis/research to ensure Duel is coming out on top
- Articulating and executing on product timelines/implementation schedules – using your data-driven approach prioritisation
Things at Duel are kicking off as we move into 2022 – and we’re looking to bring in exceptional talent to take our team to the next level. We have an innovative and powerful product that we as a team believe in and our clients can’t live without.
- Strong project management skills – you aren’t phased by working on multiple projects at once, in fact, it keeps you sharp!
- A natural leader – eager to drive forward, innovate and develop the product roadmap to support our growth vision
- A strategy translator – you’re able to turn strategy into product vision and product objectives
- You will be the champion of the product and ensure the product matches Duel’s vision and passion to create a remarkable customer experience, delivering against their needs to help them succeed
- Digitally savvy and Technically literate – you excel at taking a technical task or piece of information, working backwards and summarising a complex plan of action
- Unafraid of picking up the phone and speaking to humans – you know the best way to understand the needs of the market is built from the front line
- Excellent research analysis skills and a bias for data-driven decision making – a decision without the data to back it up is not something you’d be getting behind!
- You recognise the value of cross-team collaboration and maintainability to influence and work collaboratively with broader teams across the business
- You are excited about building a profitable product, but never at the expense of people
- Ideally based in London or Bristol (and surrounding areas), you’ll spend time with the team in both cities to spend time with the Product and Brand Partner Pods
- Proven experience in product management of an established B2B SaaS product
- In-depth knowledge of every aspect of new product development life cycle and the innovation cycle
- Experience working with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience using Jira or similar tools required
Previous demonstration of your ability to take a new product from conception to market and successfully drive adoption
- Previous experience working with multiple stakeholders, for example, Product, Customer Success and Marketing
- Graduate degree in product management, software engineering, or product leadership or undergraduate (or graduate) degree in product management, technology strategy, or computer science
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working hours – if you need to fit around childcare, want to work odd hours or need to do fewer than 5 days a week, we can make it work
- We’re a remote-first company, so if you don’t need to be in the office then you can do the work required from anywhere in the world (Google Hangouts is a wonderful thing). Ideally, we would like you to come to London once a month to connect with the team.
- 28 days holiday excluding public holidays
- On-going training where required
- Perks: Gym membership, Headspace subscription and work-related or personal growth reading/Audible budget, cycle to work scheme
- Options scheme for all full-time employees – it’s important to us that everybody owns a part of the company and shares in the benefits of what we build
- £55,000 – £70,000 P/A
- We’re on a mission to build a remarkable company, with remarkable people and a remarkable culture that you will want to shout from the rooftops about. In a relaxed, flexible and fun environment, the team is driven to make the business a success, while enjoying what we do and who we do it with.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Please send us your CV (no cover letters please) to the email address specified in the ad with the job title as the subject line.
(No recruiters, please! We would rather save the money and put it towards an awesome team day out. Also, no phone calls. Everything must be done by email. Cheers!)
***Duel is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We know some folk tend to only apply for jobs when they meet all the criteria, but that’s not imperative for us – we’re looking for passionate, talented individuals to join our fast-growing, dynamic business. If you think you might be able to succeed in this role, now or in the future – we’d love to meet you.
Remember, if Kanye can think he’s qualified for the job of president of the United States, you’re probably going to be just fine.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.***