‘By 2026, live-commerce-initiated sales could account for 10 to 20% of ALL e-commerce’ – McKinsey
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead the strategy, planning, and delivery of the vision for our flagship interactive video commerce product – Axonista Storefront – and join us in our mission to power the video-first future of shopping for brands and retailers.
Retailers everywhere are starting to adopt video commerce technology (including livestream shopping) enabling them to reach an unlimited number of shoppers simultaneously, on any digital platform. Coresight Research predicts that the US livestream shopping market will grow fourfold to $25B by 2023.
Axonista is a leader in delivering interactive video and commerce experiences for global brands. Coupled with our expert team and domain knowledge, this experience uniquely places us to develop and launch a comprehensive next-generation B2B2C video commerce platform that can win and lead the high end of the US and European markets – and beyond.
Axonista was an early pioneer of interactive video, with a focus on delightful interaction design. We have been fortunate to work with some amazing media companies as innovation partners over the years, including MTV, Aol, AMC, QVC, Virgin Media, and more recently global brands like Marriott Hotels, exploring how they can innovate their business with video technology.
We are proud to work with inspiring impact brands like Fashion Relief TV, which raises vital funds for Oxfam; WaterBear, the first global streaming service dedicated to the future of our planet; and the Irish Film Institute, giving audiences across the globe instant access to a rich heritage of IFI Irish Film Archive collections.
We have built and brought to market a video content management platform, and a set of developer tools that we use to build interactive video and commerce experiences for our customers. Our philosophy is based around delivering a true extension of video storytelling, seamless and intuitive, rather than a bolt-on afterthought.
We are a team of 45 (and growing) domain experts across Design, Engineering, Strategy, and Operations. Most recently, we have launched a Media Production unit, extending our capabilities into content creation, in order to better understand and serve our customers, and also to learn more about the ever-evolving intersection of content and technology. We have a female CEO, and a strong gender balance, which we are always working to improve.
We now plan to distil our broad experience into a new product offering that will capture the enormous opportunity that’s developing in the B2B2C video commerce market, and secure a market leadership position. We are creating a new role for a Senior Product Manager, who will lead the Axonista Storefront team, and shape the product as it evolves. This role will report directly to the CTO.
The Role: Senior Product Manager
The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for delivering on the product vision, strategy, and tactics for Axonista Storefront.
You will collaborate with leaders across the company, along with key partners and customers, to develop product strategy that meets the needs of customers and users, as well as delivering exponential growth.
You will produce, communicate, and maintain a rolling product roadmap, KPIs, and documentation, and work with the team to deliver on it. This role is suitable for someone who knows how to bring a new B2B2C product to market, and relishes the opportunity to shape a team around this mission. You will foster an environment that supports creative thinking, informed by strategy, research, and the unique perspectives across our team.
As an organisation, we strive to be tightly aligned and loosely coupled. This means that we spend time and energy getting aligned on strategy, which enables teams to operate tactics at pace, and with confidence in their decision-making.
Day 1, you will join a team already carrying out R&D with pilot customers. These are existing Axonistas from Design, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing, as well as an Associate Product Manager, who you will manage and mentor. You’ll have access to key customers, content, media production services, and research.
- 5+ years experience in Product Management, creating product strategy and bringing new technology products to market
- SaaS Product Development background, with a good understanding of modern technology stacks and consumer device ecosystems (web, Apple, Android, with OTT as a bonus)
- A deep sense of high quality UX & CX, visual design, modern design thinking, and methodologies
- An innate ability to establish and maintain alignment on strategy across stakeholders
- Ability to work proactively and autonomously within the framework of strategy
- Must be an excellent communicator of complex ideas to a broad mix of stakeholders
- Ability to rally, inspire, and lead a team to deliver a transformational product
- Thrive in a fast-moving environment, working to make sense of a complex landscape, and solve hard problems
- Ability to work effectively as part of a fully remote team
For Bonus Points
- Experience with B2B2C / SaaS technology and consumer-facing apps, particularly in e-commerce or video industries
- Experience working directly with senior leadership and company founders on an international basis
- Be an avid consumer of video streaming services, online shopper, or fan of stories and storytellers
Axonista is operating a fully remote team at this time, so this is a remote (working from home) position, located in Europe or North America.