Paysend is a FinTech company on a mission to change the way that people manage their money on a global scale with the vision of creating money for the future.
Our growth has been fast and exciting. We were the first FinTech company to introduce global card-to-card transfers, connecting 12 billion cards issued by the international payment systems Mastercard, Visa, China Union Pay and local cards schemes, and we have strategic partnerships with many of the world’s top payment companies. Born in April 2017, we’ve now welcomed over 5.5 million customers and counting in the space of a few years, and we’ve more than doubled in size since March 2020.
In May last year, we secured US$125 million in a Series B funding round which valued the company at US$700+ million. Since then we’ve expanded into Asia-Pacific with the opening of our Singapore headquarters, and been recognized by Deloitte as the third fastest growing technology company in the UK.
Paysend is one of the most popular and trusted digital money services in the world with 4.7/5 Trustpilot score
Our success is built on supreme technology, friendly customer service and, of course, the very best talent in the FinTech industry. We’re looking for the future gamechangers of FinTech to join us as we positively disrupt the payments market and make financial services more accessible and inclusive for individuals and small businesses around the world.
Every day is a new challenge at Paysend, and we approach each project with ambition, innovation and creativity.
About the role
In your everyday work, you will be collaborating closely within cross-functional product teams to reframe problems from a user perspective and address them through different research methods, leading execution across multiple teams and mentoring other team members to ensure that we ship exceptional user-centered experience across platforms, channels, and markets.
Your role is to shape the understanding of UX research at Paysend, evolving the way we work to best suit the organisation’s needs and continuously finding smarter and more effective ways to connect with users.
Collaboration and advocating for users are at the heart of our work. We believe that UX research is a team effort and you will work on bringing people together, growing your influence to implement the product strategy, and facilitating user-centered decision making.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll be working closely with Business Leads, Product Managers, Product Designers, Engineers, and other UX Researchers to generate hypotheses and plans for high-impact research that helps us better understand our existing and potential customers and how to create a better product that solves their problems and meets their needs.
- You’ll be planning and running complex qualitative studies for existing and future products at scale utilising methods such as ethnographic and field research, diary studies, surveys, user and usability testing, guerrilla research, and any other methods you find impactful.
- You’ll be collaborating closely with our Analysts to make sure our qualitative insights are also enhanced by quantitative analysis whenever possible and run some basic quantitative analysis yourself.
- You’ll be reviewing, analysing, and communicating qualitative and (or) quantitative data to generate tactical and strategic insights, as well as actionable recommendations which drive product innovation and design improvements for our users.
- You’ll be partnering closely with other UX Researchers to build out Paysend’s research practice on a global scale.
What you’ll need
- You’ve spent 3-5 years conducting UX research studies in a multidisciplinary team within product-led organisations.
- You always focus on users and solving for their needs and wants and you’ve demonstrated business and (or) product impact based on past research.
- You can lead, design, execute, and communicate impactful research in a fast-paced product development process and know how to integrate research into product and design strategy and roadmaps.
- You can tell compelling stories and are skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders, and crave feedback to help you produce your best work.
- You have strong listening and analytical skills.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and use them to effectively roll out large-scale research programs.
- You’re able to work autonomously, but also within a team – whether that be a product mission or the broader research team.
Nice to have
- You might have fluency in European languages other than English.
- You might have worked in the FinTech space before, have a background in finance or payments or customer support environments.
- You might be able to apply design thinking, visual communication, information design, or your wireframing skills.
- You might have used advanced quantitative analysis and tools such as SQL.
We’re looking for people who share our passion for innovation, buy into the Paysend ethos and add value to our team. When you join Paysend, you’ll have the chance to grow and develop as the business does.
We believe in empowering people to be successful in their jobs, and we pay them fairly for their expertise. We give everyone the context and tools to operate as business owners and encourage our people to contribute with their hearts, minds and creativity.
In the fast-paced FinTech industry, the Paysend journey may not always be easy, but we succeed by working together to create solutions that break the status quo. We employ the right people to help us steer the business towards success and global influence.
If Paysend sounds like the perfect company for you, we’d love to hear from you!