Onfido builds trust in an online world by helping businesses digitally verify people’s identities. Using machine learning technology, Onfido validates a user’s identity document and compares it with their facial biometrics. The identity can then be cross-referenced against international credit and watchlist databases.
Founded by three entrepreneurs from Oxford University, Onfido has received over $60m in funding from investors including Microsoft Ventures and Salesforce Ventures. Onfido carries out checks in 192 countries for global customers including Zipcar, Couchsurfing, Revolut and Square.
Our engineering teams work on several interesting challenges: detecting digital and physical forgeries, verifying using biometrics, verifying people without documentation or central records, and making complex verification data easy for our customers to use and understand. We work in cross-functional teams, using agile methodologies with frequent releases and have an iterative culture of experimentation and learning.
Our Product Management team is a global team with a seasoned management team that will help you to the path of success and to grow in your career. Our team consists of smart, motivated product managers, product designers, product analysts and partner managers.
As one of our Senior Product Managers, you will help us shape our product and vision. You will have ownership of one or more products. Alongside an Engineering Lead, you will lead a cross-functional product team comprising of engineers and designers, with the support of DevOps and QA Engineers and the go-to-market team. You’ll discover, prioritise, define and specify new features for our products in line with our business’ priorities.
As a Senior Product Manager, you know communication and collaboration is key. You’ll facilitate this between other products teams and other internal and external stakeholders in the interest of coordination.
Our work is innovative and in the fast-growing market of digital identity verification. It is a global problem so our success yields high reward. We are well funded and there are numerous applications of our technology. We work with FinTechs, Financial Services, Sharing and On Demand Economy Platforms – to name but a few.
The role will involve:
- Product Definition – building a compelling vision and roadmap for your product that is based on customer and market data
- Leadership – driving the organization forward in customer/market alignment, customer satisfaction and revenue growth.
- Communication – including verbal, written and visual, with all stakeholders, including sales and marketing as well as other senior leaders to develop and maintain our product roadmap
- Market Analysis – discovery to capture the client’s needs
- Prototyping – working with designers and engineers to provide product requirements for proposed features
- User Testing – making use of usability testing to ensure our product offers the best user experience and meets client needs
- Agile – augmenting, refining and prioritising backlogs and verifying sprint deliverables
- Collaboration – working with other Product Managers and our Tech function to improve internal processes
- Data – defining and tracking product metrics
We think you’ll be a particularly good fit if you’re excited by technology, entrepreneurship and startups. You’re motivated by delivering high-quality products, in quick iterations.
- Experience as a product owner of a digital product
- Significant hands-on Agile experience in a customer focused environment
- Strong analytical ability, both numerical and generally – you can process lots of information and prioritise/analyse it to inform product development
- Extreme curiosity and desired to figure out problems and uncertainty
- Previous work experience with a B2B product
Preferred skills include:
- Experience building up service workflow and back-office tools that are run by service operations
- Experience working in a startup or organization of fewer than 150 people
- Financial services or other company that has used an Identity verification or authentication process
- Managing an API-based service
We’re committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Bupa Health Cash Plan
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Personalised Financial Advice with St. James’ Place Wealth Management
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loan
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings
- Unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies and many more!
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- Friday afternoon drinks
- Relaxed and informal office environment
OUR TEAM AND VALUES:
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We like passionate, innovative thinkers and people that take pride in what they do. Learn more about our values.
Life at Onfido:
We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!