NYC + remote
We’re a community of designers, engineers, and product managers who are passionate about building quality software. While our environment is collaborative and relaxed, we build products that are well-considered and well-architected.
We’re looking for Product Managers with strong technical backgrounds who can rally teams of engineers and product designers, and drive the development of great products. As a Postlight Product Manager, you will sit at the intersection of business, tech, and design. We’re looking for people who have led teams, built product strategies, shipped products, and made difficult decisions when necessary. While we’re based in NY, we’re hiring Product Managers from across the US.
Who you are:
- You’re a strategic product thinker who considers problems from multiple angles. Given a clear goal, you take many inputs — including user research, quantitative data, business priorities, time and budget constraints, technical feasibility, and more — to define the user problems and shape the solutions.
- You’re able to execute and deliver results. You’re always up to date on the status of the work and know what’s coming next. You keep your team focused and productive, anticipate blockers, mitigate risks, and adjust plans in order to achieve the goal. You’re comfortable making tough decisions in order to keep the project on track.
- You’re strong at stakeholder management. You understand your client’s motivations and needs. You build trust with stakeholders by properly advocating for the client and for your team.
- Your communication skills are top notch. You’re able to deliver the right message with the right level of detail to the right audience.
- You’re comfortable speaking about the product strategy with a client and talking technical details with engineers. You document goals, objectives, and decisions so that your team and the client stay on the same page.
- You thrive on cross-discipline collaboration. Great products are built by multi-faceted teams. You build strong relationships with your design and engineering counterparts. You appropriately empower and leverage your teammates to deliver the best product.
What you’ll be doing:
- Communicating regularly with clients to ensure their continued happiness
- Working with client stakeholders and users to ensure each product effort is well defined and well built
- Helping drive client pitch meetings for new potential clients and new work from our existing clients
- Leading the design, technical development, and launch of innovative products
- Prioritizing features, building consensus, and coordinating product schedules with our team of engineers and product designers and the client
- Shipping products that reach millions of users around the world
Your skillset will grow at Postlight. You will join a team excited about the problems they solve and the tools they use to solve them. We keep pace with the industry, and are active participants in the open-source world. You will find yourself regularly growing in your career, using new tools and frameworks to solve new kinds of problems—with support from management and mentors.
Whether working on site or remotely, your communication skills will be as important as your technical ones. Collaborating across time zones requires constant, clear communication and coordination, via Slack, GitHub comments, documents, and frequent video conferences. Postlight is headquartered in New York City, but a third of our team works remotely. We know how to keep everyone on the same page, and so should you.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented groups apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Postlight encourages everyone interested in a role to apply. We look forward to your application!
Postlight is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.